• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Part 1 of the Finale - Introducing the Gilling Plateau

7P78AO.jpg

Replies:

_Michael: Thank you very much!

feyss: Cheers!

JP Schriefer: Erinsberg is an example of the old saying: practice makes perfect. At that point I had a much better idea of which buildings and lots fitted, I also knew a lot more about the various themes which could be made, I also had more fillers at my disposal too which always helps.

Silur: *:thumb:

Altec: The mosaics are the money shots.

raynev1: Thank you! I also need to take my time with the sci-fi story because there are at least eight other stories following after it.

mike_oxlong: Oh yeah! That attention to detail was also why Erinsberg took about three and a half months to complete. Never again. :noway:

Takingyouthere: Actually a lot of the time I was dragging the mouse around and holding the click- it's much quicker dragging MMPs than single-clicking every MMP!

tariely: Yes, at that time I knew what to do with the photoshop tweaks. Though I was still experimenting with some pictures...

MissVanleider: Thanks! Also see my reply to your comment about the driveways.

Akallan: Thank you!

juliok92012: Rural areas are always much harder than urban areas, I only learnt how to create seamless transitions last year. It's tricky stuff.

gviper: Cheers!

{---}

Part 1 of the Finale - Introducing the Gilling Plateau

XUOCJP.jpg

During this month I have been working on the city tile above - the Gilling Plateau. I've covered about two thirds of it and the top third has some random experiments; that two-thirds is fully complete, seamless and VERY rural! So this is the special surprise I've been talking about and its going to be broken down into eleven entries:

1. Introducing Gilling Plateau (This Entry)

2. Grasmere East

3. Grasmere Industrial Estate

4. Skeeby

5. Grasmere

6. Farms South of Grasmere

7. Grasmere West

8. Farms North of Grasmere

9. Brough and the Fields

10. Special Scenes (Penultimate Entry)

11. Newbiggin (Finale)

I will be posting entries on Tuesdays and Fridays, I will continue until I have posted everything that needs to be shown. By this schedule the finale will be on the 19th of May and it will include the thirty-minute video montage.

Starting from the 1st of this month, the Gilling Plateau came together very quickly. Two-thirds of a large city tile completed in two weeks. Basically the bottom and centre parts are finished, while the top part has some experimental scenes I created. My tendency with SC4 has been skewed towards rural scenes. With this final city tile I get to scratch that itch and I get to show to you all something very different- which is I feel the best way to end this CJ.

With all that said here are a selection of pictures which give a small taste for each area (minus Skeeby).

{---}

MHTxHI.jpg

An overview of: Newbiggin, part of Grasmere West (bottom right) and Brough and the Fields (top).

iUEYdB.jpg

Grasmere East.

qwypJ7.jpg

Farms South of Grasmere.

3VmgLT.jpg

Grasmere.

vaH1jA.jpg

Grasmere.

2synmX.jpg

Grasmere East.

ohu4dV.jpg

Grasmere West.

0pjyfC.jpg

Grasmere Industrial Estate.

20S9BM.jpg

Grasmere.

VJPcQZ.jpg

Newbiggin.

WxG3AT.jpg

Farms South of Grasmere.

n4pHb6.jpg

Farms North of Grasmere.

uuBB7o.jpg

Farms North of Grasmere.

13FvAu.jpg

Farms North of Grasmere.

1Y4cRT.jpg

Grasmere Industrial Estate.

lFmIdJ.jpg

Brough and the Fields.

ru9g4V.jpg

Brough and the Fields.

jN2Ena.jpg

Newbiggin.

kWpYnm.jpg

Grasmere West.

cmmOKX.jpg

Grasmere West.

Qc33YQ.jpg

Newbiggin.

VM1Wfw.jpg

An overview of: Grasmere, Grasmere West and Fields North of Grasmere (to the right).

{---}

This Tuesday the detailed tour will start with Grasmere East. Enjoy!

13 Comments

Wow - what a site! And built in 2 weeks! Wow again. Still so much detail and of so high a quality!

Looking forward to the remaining 10. 

Share this comment

I really dig the details in image 21. That random pile of junk, trailers and old cars is just about perfect.

Share this comment

VERY nice countryside ! (could you remind me what is theg rey road with yellow markings, please ?) Looking forward to visiting the rest of the place.

Share this comment

Outstanding! Your BAT selection is ideal for the rural setting. Nicely done and pleased that we get to enjoy your entries for a little while longer.

Share this comment