• Moose

My SC4 CJ Scrapbook

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Highlights from Entries 101 to 110

xX9Vhy.jpg

Replies:

Takingyouthere: I believe that after about 110 entries I fully switched the CJ over into the dedicated CJ section. Annuq had many highlights and it holds up very well. But the thing is I went even further with both the quality and the layout, now Annuq had both rural and urban scenes and I really thought I could not go any further at the time. Well I developed my rural skills even more in Faverdale, and I reckon the best-looking urban work was in Garforth; that was my peak. Finally I combined the rural and the urban together in Erinsberg as one complete package. Furthermore Annuq was created in mid 2015, Erinsberg was made in early to mid 2016. Not only was I using filler sets that I once thought would never work (FrankU's parks and plazas for instance or SPAM), but there were new toys available which gave me further options. So Annuq is very good but it's not my best. It was a template for the progression I made last year.

JP Schriefer: Thank you! The 2016 highlights simply double down on all that you said.

mike_oxlong: It does take time and I had to do it on an industrial scale as I sought to complete a large city tile.

{---}

Highlights from Entries 101 to 110

From this point on we get to the VERY good stuff: starting from late 2015 in the CJ's history and moving forwards all the way to the present. And it only gets better moving towards the present. Now, most of the entries are from Annuq with a few towards the end from the rural city tile of Faverdale. So enjoy!

{---}

4gvwZY.jpg

The heart of Annuq's downtown. Always go full W2W.

2iqqMo.jpg

LkUdJo.jpg

JwzhFB.jpg

6ndq6d.jpg

It was getting to the point where even that small area with the church required about thirty minutes or so to get right.

m3EIjv.jpg

Another overview of Annuq.

CSEAyQ.jpg

J6PtHs.jpg

0d6o5W.jpg

Annuq's city centre east.

ikJbxq.jpg

36JkTf.jpg

rsc204's TGN mod in action.

3Gyrb8.jpg

dk6zes.jpg

Being from Britain, roundabouts often feature as centrepieces to entrances to industrial and/or retail estates.

SZBu6A.jpg

C7EZbX.jpg

Annuq's city centre west.

PS3q72.jpg

This is probably the largest, compact, urban interchange I have ever built.

aGb9pN.jpg

bzwUtY.jpg

The coolest thing about newer versions of the NAM is the interconnectivity of avenues and the altered MHW.

vkRCVS.jpg

TMHksk.jpg

The roundabout of grid-busting.

FkNOKJ.jpg

And now moving on to northern areas of Annuq.

57a7vb.jpg

As much as I love to build cities and create urban environments, I love to create rural areas and agriculture even more.

U2UVQS.jpg

mSLHha.jpg

It is in agriculture and rural areas where one can truly grid-bust.

swrUvx.jpg

NMwJSF.jpg

hQO0qH.jpg

HvA6tM.jpg

f81Hxd.jpg

hcTwZ7.jpg

The greenhouses are from FrankU's farm fields set.

xg6aJY.jpg

Since ionionion's OMCO filling gravel (MMP) has a wide range then it can cover streets and roads with dirt and grit.

Jo4Qf5.jpg

The factory and large car park surrounded by fields and green areas was an industrial concept I should have explored more.

19wgLt.jpg

I also started experimenting with MMPs to expand the lots of buildings and ploppable structures. The car park is fully MMP. Inspiration for this came from Fasan's Krokanien MD work.

7KEpms.jpg

MMPs can also connect lots which are "incomplete" and not "self-contained".

7CVyeg.jpg

h4tnhC.jpg

fJWfiD.jpg

A picture taken from Faverdale. The field dominating the picture is my favourite field, I used three MMP layers to create a thick, vibrant flowery look.

mnSZI5.jpg

And back to Annuq.

bIoXT2.jpg

This is in north-western Annuq.

Go0SCm.jpg

Mixing W2W with semi-detached properties and apartments can yield some impressive results. It emulates what is seen in British cities with clumps of semi-detached housing, apartments, terraces and other W2W residential.

9f14IZ.jpg

But while I build in a British way I mix up European, USA and British buildings together.

RSDvrK.jpg

That offset house in the centre is the Stax house.

avH3Nw.jpg

Eastern European Commie blocks are the best.

8ek415.jpg

dNMtph.jpg

Welcome to Faverdale.

fTdVuR.jpg

Faverdale was the first of three completed city tiles which I made in 2016.

UF82OA.jpg

2016 was the year where I worked out to create something reasonably realistic and then ran with it.

qpWY4p.jpg

Faverdale's theme was that of rural settlements and the countryside. I did most of my best and varied MMP work in Faverdale: fields, forests, grassland, rocks, rivers, marshes and agricultural scenes.

ObpQq6.jpg

It was in Faverdale that I heavily used SPAM: fences, buildings and MMPs. I'm glad I used it as it provides much needed agricultural variation.

SZPYcS.jpg

Using one of Bipin's petrol stations. They work well: both in grungy urban environments and in rural ones too.

{---}

This Friday stayed tuned for more rural delights from Faverdale- which includes some of my most favourite countryside pictures ever.

25 people like this

17 Comments

These are beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them!

True art! :)

- Tyberius

Share this comment

You have in fact the talent to disclose the best of existing lots, it's partularly relevant in the middle-density areas to me. I know those lots quite well because I also use many of them as well but for some reason their details which I know well become again visually interesting in the contexts you create. I surely come back again to look at these images,  that's nearly too much for a single entry *:)

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Very nice compilation of some wonderful images . Are you just getting ready for the Trixies . :???:

Share this comment

Wow!  This is amazing.  Where can I find this place on Googlemaps?  I want to visit.

Share this comment

You have combined an impressive collection of custom content with equally impressive execution and the results are unbelievable. These scenes are so unified and visually appealing!! :yes:

Share this comment

Just when I thought we'd seen your best work, you go and pull this out of your pocket. I can just see you smirking as you read my post saying, "But wait! There's more!" SMH

Share this comment

Great city, newyork sets and so much varity and landscaping, well done !

Share this comment

Amazing work. There were FAR and diagonal buildings that align perfectly with FAR and diagonals roads. What's the mod for that

Share this comment

The MMP work is very beautiful, and the river gives a beautiful appearance. Beautiful update!  *:thumb:

Share this comment

That's amongst the best downtown cores made in the game. Something about the mix and placement of skyscrapers and lowrises areas just feel so right.

Share this comment

A really great selection of images here of some of your truly best work! Getting closer to the end now... ;) 

Share this comment

thank you for sharing this impressive creation   the plugin folder for this city must be quite large   very good use of some excellent custom content

Share this comment