My SC4 CJ Scrapbook

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Highlights from Entries 91 to 100

jmdoPu.jpg

Replies:

_Michael: Thank you!

Abrams124: The ABBT buildings have been somewhat obscured, but the BATs are timeless and a must-have for any W2W area.

RandyE: Cool!

Simmer2: Thanks; it's all about space and what's behind the buildings.

mike_oxlong: Cheers!

PaleoCardio: I don't use the Lot Editor, so all I can do is improvise and experiment with the plugins I've got.

kschmidt: A lot of the buildings were plopped. A lot of the industrial BATs are often early to mid 20th century- which I like. Thanks for your comment!

matty575: Thanks!

TekindusT: Correction; how to build industrial areas almost two years ago. There are now new toys to play with.

Akallan: Thanks! And to answer your question I have two words: NAM 32. This was before the existence of the insane flex-piece wizardry of NAM 35, if I had had NAM 35 two years ago then this interchange would have been very compact.

BugeyedDragon: Two links and just two: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2578 and http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=193.

{---}

Highlights from Entries 91 to 100

This is a bigger update since I tried to get more highlights from the 100th entry. Now, in these ten entries all the pictures are from Annuq. So prepare for canals, oil refineries, heavy industry, commercial, suburbs, ruins, wasteland and dense W2W areas.

On a different note entirely, I have also been recently working on a few small areas to get some fresh pictures for the finale entry- once the highlights are all done.

{---}

YATkQv.jpg

Diggis ponds, MMPs and NBVC's modular oil port.

523gm7.jpg

In Annuq I decided to combine canals with industry.

7XP6A4.jpg

City centre.

HNCscj.jpg

Never go full diagonal! So much time lost...

4Urlju.jpg

A59fiL.jpg

Jhnghi.jpg

Forestry and ruins.

T1CD12.jpg

Heblem's legendary Mall del Sur. He released this mall in early 2015 and I believe it is the biggest mall BAT/LOT ever created.

zH0m5x.jpg

And an overview of Annuq itself. This was the first city where I actually checked every building and made sure it fitted. Annuq was my own personal benchmark; at the time I thought I could not go any further but the 2015 SC4D Christmas Calander BATs and LOTs really changed that, so too did Simmer2's and KOSC's custom content work...

IqOgNd.jpg

Dead centre is Annuq's oil refinery.

NmpkOv.jpg

For the oil fields I used Deadwoods oil fields- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=472.

pP09RM.jpg

oGYKcd.jpg

And for the oil refinery buildings (those grey, grimy ones) I used Citynut's Modular Oil Refinery- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1549. For good measure I combined all of this with NBVC's Modular Oil Port.

x9uPmN.jpg

Throw in T Wreck's IRM IHT fillers and they complement NBVC's oil storage tanks.

7A6dWI.jpg

yyftPx.jpg

As I was building Annuq I began to throw in more MMP elements to add some more to the wildness and griminess of industrial areas.

BP8Ehq.jpg

The smoke stacks can be found in Bipin's Industrial Essentials.

78oLPt.jpg

oDhqHH.jpg

hSTcCR.jpg

Industrial wasteland.

w7CKgS.jpg

WDE9Tj.jpg

7gkPFZ.jpg

nos. 17's relots of malls and FrankU's warehouses really go well together.

tLHcxZ.jpg

RVx6Xo.jpg

syorew.jpg

7rGdUK.jpg

bYzyap.jpg

XlBRKb.jpg

I chose 5x5 residential plots to expand the size of the city blocks, the idea being to give the impression of larger, sprawling mid-rise suburbs.

pYvmD1.jpg

rsc204's TGN mod in action; grass texture unification. I first used this mod in Annuq; it's very subtle but it changes the whole dynamic of urban areas and green areas inside of urban areas.

aQdAuY.jpg

T Wrecks 5x5 apartment relots in action.

aTlYjX.jpg

Some middle-class mid-rise suburbs.

5hsIbr.jpg

Add in small T-junction street entrances/exits to visually connect RCI lots to road networks.

RjkQyw.jpg

KVcl5V.jpg

T Wrecks W2W IRM in action.

2t5RM3.jpg

W2W IRM is great for mid-rise industry located in residential/commercial areas. It can also be used to create large city blocks; infill them with T Wrecks IRM fillers.

FlKCXS.jpg

Who said vanilla SC4 industry had no place in cities? See centre-right!

hX1Gvu.jpg

One of my favourite intersections in Annuq. Count up how many street entrances there are to buildings and car parks.

1wWCqU.jpg

This is KingOfSimCity's Lakeside Place relot- the massive office building.

wYH40k.jpg

PIChTh.jpg

One of the trickier things to design is W2W building variety and suitable back alleyways.

J6tBPz.jpg

The blue glass building is Xyloxadoria's London Bridge Quarter Place 1; a fantastic mid-rise commercial BAT. Even better it is squat and chunky and those kinds of commercial BATs are hard to come across.

jaBIMa.jpg

9lUQL4.jpg

x5yAZ9.jpg

VD71lp.jpg

hNDAHG.jpg

aJYgsZ.jpg

And back to the industry.

A6a5Uc.jpg

In early/mid 2015 I started combining fillers, MMPs, diagonal buildings, fencing and ruins to give a more dynamic and grungy feel to industrial areas. It's a type of industrial SC4 haute cuisine.

NfDso0.jpg

e4Rlc0.jpg

Xde4X6.jpg

The Chelsea Mills Grain Elevator- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1367. A VERY cool industrial building and lot! It has both railways and canal sections!

OJQgbW.jpg

R4ARYC.jpg

The remains of two levelled factories- sure would draw Trump's ire:P! But seriously this sort of thing can be seen across the northeast of England.

rG7OMM.jpg

Since the start of the new millennium a lot of these wasteland sites have been redeveloped in the northeast: they are now housing, shops, supermarkets or leisure facilities.

wKZljJ.jpg

My first foray into lumber and the timber industry.

ysE26L.jpg

0IOnya.jpg

CAdeao.jpg

{---}

The rest of the highlights are from 2016 with a small remainder from Annuq, I posted 47 entries last year so there will be six more highlight entries and then the finale. To be fair the 2016 entries are the real highlights of this CJ; so stayed tuned for some SC4 magic.

{---}

Bonus:

These pictures and many more will be included in the finale of this CJ.

No Lot Editor was used.

itKQ7w.jpg

pSHEYD.jpg

3 Comments

Some fantastic work there, it's a shame you didn't start your journal in the CJ section the old forum section is seemingly long forgotten by most now so I can understand why you would want to review that work here. I do think your selling Annuq a little short at the end though. Your newer work is even more detailed but there is something about the layout of this city that really appealed to me. If I had to guess it's probably the rail lines, always a sucker for those. Love those factory ruins as well. 

Share this comment

Simply incredible. I can't imagine the investment in time necessary to achieve this kind of detail! 

Share this comment