• Moose

My SC4 CJ Scrapbook

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Highlights from Entries 81 to 90

AYLd9s.jpg

Replies:

89James89: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the overview.

mike_oxlong: I look forward to seeing those MMPs! Don't worry about the pictures as they will be staying on Imageshack and I have a paid subscription too. As for picture 12, I could not find the factory sorry...

Urban Constanta: Thank you very much!

JP Schriefer: Cheers!

feyss: Thank you!

Bipin: Your BATs played an important role in many of the industrial areas I created.

Takingyouthere: Yep, that was back in early 2015 when I decided to go Simcity Medieval.

{---}

Highlights from Entries 81 to 90

These pictures are either from Weckum or Annuq, these particular entries mark the point where I finally achieved my own personal goal of realism: the spacing was right, the buildings fitted, the areas were distinctive, etc... I reckon the first half of 2015 was marked by much experimentation as I sought to build realistic cities, then the second half is where I finally worked out how to create realistic cities and that began with Annuq.

This laid the groundwork for the three city tiles I created in 2016, each one was focused on a different style: agriculture and rivers for Faverdale; diverse city areas and urban sprawl for Garforth; LA-styled city and large countryside areas in Erinsberg.

Finally I scatter around some advice, tricks and tips in this entry: so pay attention.

{---}

kzZ38s.jpg

Sometimes relots of vanilla SC4 industrial buildings can create realistic industrial sprawl. The car park on the right is an addition I made to "expand" the lot.

kaUP5C.jpg

Utilising Simcoug's R$$ diagonal housing, they also come with their own diagonal filler set...

dWYcUc.jpg

Jasoncw's Perry Station. This fantastic railway station is W2W and large! A must have for any urban area.

UknIzz.jpg

I used T Wrecks IRM fillers to "expand" industrial lots and connect them together. It helped to create industrial complexes and give the impression of car access through back alleyways and car parks.

BLPOA4.jpg

i6VFYT.jpg

An interchange in Annuq.

PZNRDP.jpg

This was the first thing I created upon the city tile.

73coTj.jpg

qSsNdY.jpg

While I had downloaded Simgoober's canals some time in 2013, it was in Annuq that I began to use them on a large scale. Canals and industry is very oldschool and 19th century.

fOaIlQ.jpg

As I created the canals I also laid out an intricate railway network with many railway stations and industrial loading areas (transit-enabled lots with railways).

NseoGy.jpg

And back to Weckum.

Cxgfgl.jpg

Bsx3H3.jpg

It was in Weckum that I began laying out blocks of NYBT W2W.

wpJnUJ.jpg

Paeng's parks make for fantastic urban fillers- highly detailed ones as well.

4cPRbN.jpg

I also integrated Paeng's parks with his cycleways too. Utilising two or more modular filler sets was a skill that took a while to develop, while making it appear seamless is even harder.

9m4VGS.jpg

The power station.

T66WAC.jpg

Once more using the cooling towers which are found in Bipin's Industrial Essentials.

QtttCI.jpg

While FrankU's warehouses are large and useful industrial fillers which can complement light, medium or heavy density industry.

GEdctE.jpg

HSqeL5.jpg

qom0Sk.jpg

I completed a lot of the commercial areas in Weckum with Goofyguytpa's American W2W buildings. I have used them in every city tile since.

a5RL7q.jpg

Pictures from Annuq. These were my first photoshopped pictures.

jzBAiA.jpg

mD7VXK.jpg

But it was a one-off entry. The next time I would photoshop pictures would be almost a year later in mid-2016.

kxjmPL.jpg

sQBYgf.jpg

And back to Weckum.

vPBHPI.jpg

The downtown areas were where I paid a great deal of attention to the RCI buildings. I wanted both more W2W and more visual consistency.

hDgMll.jpg

OL9eWA.jpg

The St Paul's Cathedral in Melbourne is one of my favourite Reddonquixote creations. I also used Paeng's cemetery set to expand the presence of the cathedral.

KDM72V.jpg

EWj8n7.jpg

Here I experimented with mixtures of orthogonal and diagonal buildings.

dUeCbX.jpg

Once more using Paeng's cemetery set.

PVLnzZ.jpg

The grungy road can be found in Bipin's Industrial Essentials. Beneath the grimy concrete texture is a fully functioning road which can be dragged underneath the texture. Use this to create <VERY> realistic urban areas!

jP3PAN.jpg

g5C0f9.jpg

Also check out the NYBT ABBT Manhattanville Project. If you want realistic, grungy, W2W commercial/industrial buildings look it up. The city block you see in the centre of the picture has these ABBT buildings.

K5WkAP.jpg

NpFKDF.jpg

Deadwood's Austrialian shops make for good low-rise W2W fillers (DEDWD Small Shops FlatRoof Set). A trick I use to create car parks behind commercial buildings is applying T Wrecks IRM industrial fillers and then using the transit-enabled parking lots to create a realistic-looking street entrance. Or sometimes I will create back alleyways behind buildings with Paeng's grunge concrete set and add in vehicle MMPs- see the bottom part of the above picture.

8eC1XJ.jpg

c4Z7l7.jpg

nP4HAU.jpg

98xbL0.jpg

m962Io.jpg

Z1qwIn.jpg

yhWd6P.jpg

ZVsN7w.jpg

stO7lq.jpg

jestarr's buildings and T Wrecks IRM fillers go hand-in-hand. They share similar concrete textures you see. To find all of jestarr's buildings check out this link to the BSC LEX: https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-1378940987028293%3Awyjdrk-l6zg&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=jestarr&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=jestarr&gsc.page=1

dP4pWr.jpg

PbF3aG.jpg

And now back to Annuq.

YQH5o2.jpg

The electricity pylons I use are a creation of MandelSoft's- fantastically large and realistic! Look for on the STEX: Dutch Electric Pylon Set - 380KV - "Donaumast" v1.0.

hnhJ9e.jpg

{---}

The next set of highlights are all from Annuq. They culminate towards the 100th entry special which was a milestone I achieved about a year and a half ago.

23 people like this

14 Comments

A really nice mix of industry and residential, commercial and diagonal. A great showcase. Looking forward to reaching the 100th entry! :party: 

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Wowness!

So much amazing pictures and tips,and whoa,how haven't i seen the manhattanville pack before?Thank you!

Share this comment

So much fine detail and depth. I have to stand back about 8-10 ft. from the screen to take it all in.

Share this comment

Gosh! Everything is laid out in such a logical manner! Love your work *:yes:

Share this comment

Amazing. I just can't even find the superlatives to describe what I'm seeing!

Share this comment

Amazing pictures and some really clever work that really takes SC4 to a new level.

Share this comment

Great city buikling ! Growable newyork set, rest plopable most ? Nice Paenge Revisited park. Industiry, W2W traditional colourfull porp;; some more modern would be nice to have around, Vokswagen isn´t that like today other to follow perhaps, well done !

Share this comment

And this is, kids, how you build industrial areas in SC4.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, TekindusT said:

And this is, kids, how you build industrial areas in SC4.

So much yes! :D

Share this comment

:O

Impressive! The channel with the industries around is really great, as well as your industries in a general way! The image of the city 26 and 42 are really perfect, I love this type of constructions, you have very good ideas and you put them very well. You can be proud of yourself that you have done!

I only have one question: on the sixth image with the motorway interchange, you see that you have built two different tracks but that go in the same direction (as seen under the picture below), why?

Spoiler

170305051330381087.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Do you mind linking the buildings featured in 39, 40, 43, 45, and 48? They look stunning!!!

Share this comment

One of the foremost CJ's out there. Thank you once again for using my BATs so often; more than even I do!

1 person likes this

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Bipin said:

One of the foremost CJ's out there. Thank you once again for using my BATs so often; more than even I do!

Thanks; I wouldn't have gotten into grungy industry without your BATs.

1 person likes this

Share this comment