• Moose

Okaiken

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

new year XXXVI ・ Shougatsu 2017

Tonraq

jcBWhSq.jpg

Happy New Year! To continue the tradition of a yearly New Year's Update, here is the 2017 edition of Kotaro-sama's New Year! 

Due to the massive scale of the update (~60 pictures in the update), a special webpage has been created for it. There are four parts to this update! Please view the pages in order as intended by the author. You will miss out on the action and some fireworks as well. There is also a concert and a movie embedded in the update that will be used to determine the next steps for this year

Author replies are deferred to the next update. Thanks for a wonderful 2016, everyone! 

CLICK HERE TO START!
---

A preview for the update is below. Still recommend you to watch the update!

RNVQJNv.png

opS7X3h.png

hldG05S.png

xaB2ynN.png

CLICK HERE TO START!

7 Comments

Wonderful pictures you made, Tonraq! The New Year show was amazing. You know it would be a nice idea to huge cities do that change of colors on the buildings when the countdown begins.

Happy New Year :party:

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment

Quite a performance of all of the artists , even the short film of the boxer . Though I couldn't understand what much that was being said  , not knowing japanese . I still enjoyed this entry very much even the TV Ads . And you have a very ... Happy New Year ! :party: 

Looking forward to 2017 to see what comes from Okaiken .  :thumb:

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment

That was a very interesting presentation, I must say!  I really enjoyed it!  I don't understand a word of Japanese, unfortunately, but my daughter LOVES Japanese music and art in all it's forms, from classical to contemporary to anime and manga and, through her, I have come to appreciate something that was very foreign to me not long ago.  I loved the symphony - could you enlighten me as to what orchestra that was so I may research them a bit?  Speaking as a musician; they were PERFECT, and I would really like to hear more of them :yes:

The pictures, themselves, are fabulous!  Such bright colors, popping loudly but clearly, and the foliage was simply gorgeous!  I honestly didn't even notice that the streets were devoid of cars until I read the note about it :D.  It's great to see how other cultures celebrate things like New Years and other holidays.  Japan is so wildly different than the U.S. but, strangely, not so different in many ways.  Thank you for sharing this and Happy New Year!  :party:

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment

Great mix of Japanese POP & rewind of SC4 work. Youre foreign study in Japan, you accumalatted just about half japanese culture, Japan  or else? Well done and very hapy 2017 !

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment