• Moose
  • Entries
    45
  • Comments
    617
  • Views
    20,049

Kammersburg

_Michael

1,345 Views

UPDATE: I am currently experiencing some issues with Imgur.com. I'm not sure if this issue is specific to my network, my ISP or a wider issue. If the images don't load, do not fear, the links are valid and I'm sure they'll be visible to you shortly.

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

I'm still working on Wolfskreut and have some interesting things to show you, but unfortunately they're not quite ready. In the mean time, I re-discovered a city I had been working on a few months ago, and thought I would show you. I made some changes since I rediscovered it, and thought it was worth showing. Here is Kammersburg.

Hope you enjoy it!

Replies for "Wolfskreut (CBD and some More images)"

Spoiler

Thanks @v701 for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @BugeyedDragon!

Opps! @gviper666. I've noticed, I'll have to re-plop. It's sometimes hard to keep track of all of these little things in such a large city!

@kschmidt, Thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @kingofsimcity:) 

Thanks for the comment @matias93! I've been perfecting the use of levels over about 5 different cities, it is hard to get right! I haven't got round to adding in a river boat system, but thank for the idea! RE: the sidewalk, it is a custom texture. :) 

Thanks for the comment @Ng_pillow:) 

Thanks for the comment @coolwiththecool2:) 

Thanks for the comment,@matias93answered your question. 

Thanks for the comment @sonofsim

Thanks for the tip, @vinlabsc3k. I did not know that! And thanks for the comment! :) 

@Irishmuse I would hate for anyone to quit! Thanks for the compliment and comment though! :) 

@takemethereThank you very much for the comment! I assume this is building you mean? http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3058

@Lord Branham Thanks for the comment!

 
3

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

1.

I3G8sn8.jpg

2.

gSQgZAQ.jpg

3.

2bKu55x.jpg

4.

AwbShQt.jpg

5.

zoLpzOs.jpg

6.

t8HPNDr.jpg

7.

2IbtoV9.jpg

8.

K4QVOT6.jpg

9.

hoYqTXo.jpg

10.

SZRb9l8.jpg

11.

liegv68.jpg

12.

NHO2xf8.jpg

13.

i9WnfL2.jpg

14.

MRnNEyN.jpg

15.

tQkb9Pt.jpg

16.

zZI0FFG.jpg

17.

GnNX2P6.jpg

18.

jmWYqYz.jpg

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave feedback in the comments! Thanks for reading. :) 

percent_0.png




32 Comments




Awesome ctiy ! Something like I am working on, some style difference this will be more Art Nouveax ! GLR-tram strong; my will have it aswell but more subway like. Diagonals mucht to learn, here there a Pedmall Mod may fill in unwanted green space, well done !

 

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
47 minutes ago, matias93 said:

I fell in love with that second image, is so vivid, like a photo; everything looks completely real there.

@matias93Thank you ever so much for the lovely compliment! 

7 minutes ago, kschmidt said:

Awesome ctiy ! Something like I am working on, some style difference this will be more Art Nouveax ! GLR-tram strong; my will have it aswell but more subway like. Diagonals mucht to learn, here there a Pedmall Mod may fill in unwanted green space, well done !

 

 

Hi @kschmidt. I actually already use that mod, but a conflict with it and my own sidewalk texture and other sidewalk additions (Such as trees) cause it to not always be displayed properly. Thanks for the comment, however!

Share this comment


Link to comment

I must say, you made very good use of mirroring images in this post. Good job!

I think this might be my favorite entry of yours so far. :lol:

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment

Oh, very good, totally  :thumb: !!! I too fell in love with pict 2, but also 14, 15 and a few others after that (the diagonals are so well dressed up !) [The contrast in the picts doesn't bother me any more, visually !:-)))]

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment

Simply stunning, awe inspring work. The diverse selection of BATs, gridbreaking, use of varying heights etc all working together perfectly. And not to mention that fall foliage. Keep this up! :thumb:

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, MushyMushy said:

I must say, you made very good use of mirroring images in this post. Good job!

I think this might be my favorite entry of yours so far. :lol:

 

Thank you for the compliment @MushyMushy!

2 hours ago, tariely said:

Oh, very good, totally  :thumb: !!! I too fell in love with pict 2, but also 14, 15 and a few others after that (the diagonals are so well dressed up !) [The contrast in the picts doesn't bother me any more, visually !:-)))]

 

@tarielyI'm glad your ok about the contrast, I was a little worried I'd overdone it a bit. 

1 hour ago, korver said:

Simply stunning, awe inspring work. The diverse selection of BATs, gridbreaking, use of varying heights etc all working together perfectly. And not to mention that fall foliage. Keep this up! :thumb:

 

Thank you very much @korver! :D 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Wonderful images. Nice work on the placing of buildings, covering all space and lots. One thing to improve though is the car automata. I mean where are the cars? :D 

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment

I really like how the the city looks so rich and colorful and you have a great eye for building placement. There's some very interesting ideas in there (e.g. like the buildings facing an inner courtyard) combined with a huge array of buildings put to very good use.

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, jmsepe said:

Wonderful images. Nice work on the placing of buildings, covering all space and lots. One thing to improve though is the car automata. I mean where are the cars? :D 

@jmsepe , thanks for the comment. I've been working hard to improve the automatic prevalence, and have been trying a variety of things to fix it, including changing the NAM Traffic simulator, however, this city was mainly plopped, due to the tight diagonals etc, so there are less residents, therefore less automata. I've been trying my best to fix it, although sometimes the game doesn't like to co-operate!

1 hour ago, takemethere said:

I really like how the the city looks so rich and colorful and you have a great eye for building placement. There's some very interesting ideas in there (e.g. like the buildings facing an inner courtyard) combined with a huge array of buildings put to very good use.

 

@takemethere Thanks for the comment. I actually, despite the lack of canals, took some inspiration from Venice, with small secluded plazas, between buildings, accessed only by arches in other buildings. Glad you liked it! :) 

Share this comment


Link to comment
23 hours ago, _Michael said:

@matias93Thank you ever so much for the lovely compliment! 

Hi @kschmidt. I actually already use that mod, but a conflict with it and my own sidewalk texture and other sidewalk additions (Such as trees) cause it to not always be displayed properly. Thanks for the comment, however!

Yes, I guesed so you where using this mod. Alternatively you could have used one of those diagonal half tile fillers; like concrete-gravel !

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment

Nice town, but there are several inconsistencies such as that of the diagonals buildings that have part of the road (screenshot 9). I also see that there is a tram terminus not very realistic to picture 8, I can propose you this mod to solve your problem (unless it be voluntary?): Uki Sim - Tram terminus

Still in the same picture, one can see a road that ends in "cul de sac" (diagonal road). I think you should put rather instead of it paved streets for pedestrians (NAM). This will create a large square in front of your commercial buildings diagonal (mod "Prepo").

These are my ideas to you to decide what suits you best. Anyway, your cities are always beautiful to see!

_Michael and matias93 like this

Share this comment


Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Akallan said:

Nice town, but there are several inconsistencies such as that of the diagonals buildings that have part of the road (screenshot 9). I also see that there is a tram terminus not very realistic to picture 8, I can propose you this mod to solve your problem (unless it be voluntary?): Uki Sim - Tram terminus

Still in the same picture, one can see a road that ends in "cul de sac" (diagonal road). I think you should put rather instead of it paved streets for pedestrians (NAM). This will create a large square in front of your commercial buildings diagonal (mod "Prepo").

These are my ideas to you to decide what suits you best. Anyway, your cities are always beautiful to see!

@Akallan, thanks for the ideas. I guess realism is somewhat subjective, and based on what you have seen. I have looked at the tram terminus you have linked to and actually think that a 'terminating in road' is much less realistic for a European city. Trams often terminate in large plazas from what I've seen and I've actually never seen a straight road stop in a European city. I've only seen loops on plazas or other places, but not a dead terminus on a road. I'm sure they exist in some situations, but I'm confident that they are not preferred in Europe. 

I'm not sure exactly what you are specifically referring to in image 9, although I will say, that that W2W fronts never need to be flush. Different positions of fronts adds character and personality to the street, because remember, few European cities were 'planned' like many US/new cities. They tend to be very organic, and buildings built across different historical periods will be different distances from the street. 

And for the cul-de-sac, that was originally a road that went into the avenue, but I decided to stop it short, and replace it with a small pedestrian area. I guess I could have pulled it back further, thanks for the idea.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
27 minutes ago, _Michael said:

@Akallan, thanks for the ideas. I guess realism is somewhat subjective, and based on what you have seen. I have looked at the tram terminus you have linked to and actually think that a 'terminating in road' is much less realistic for a European city. Trams often terminate in large plazas from what I've seen and I've actually never seen a straight road stop in a European city. I've only seen loops on plazas or other places, but not a dead terminus on a road. I'm sure they exist in some situations, but I'm confident that they are not preferred in Europe. 

I'm not sure exactly what you are specifically referring to in image 9, although I will say, that that W2W fronts never need to be flush. Different positions of fronts adds character and personality to the street, because remember, few European cities were 'planned' like many US/new cities. They tend to be very organic, and buildings built across different historical periods will be different distances from the street. 

And for the cul-de-sac, that was originally a road that went into the avenue, but I decided to stop it short, and replace it with a small pedestrian area. I guess I could have pulled it back further, thanks for the idea.

 


Excuse me for the tram, I have put you bad mod. But the other is for trains.

For the image # 9, I say this:

160723095659664893.jpg

raynev1 and _Michael like this

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, Akallan said:


Excuse me for the tram, I have put you bad mod. But the other is for trains.

For the image # 9, I say this:

160723095659664893.jpg

@Akallan You haven't put me in a bad mood at all, thanks for providing alternative ideas! :D I see what you mean about the buildings; I ought to relott them! o.O

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, Akallan said:

No, not the relotter! XD Use other buildings! I understand that it is not easy to build in diagonal...

One of the problems of building in diagonal and European; a chronic shortage of suitable buildings. I'll have a look though. :lost:

Share this comment


Link to comment

Very very good job building a euro looking city. I am very impressed and have to say I've seen noteworthy progress over the past couple of years indeed. I do have a question, it's about the yellow 10 story germanic building on the two avenues, what is it? Other than that, excellent work, you really made an awesome scene and its really made my day to see such a wonderful picture. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, citycowboy said:

Very very good job building a euro looking city. I am very impressed and have to say I've seen noteworthy progress over the past couple of years indeed. I do have a question, it's about the yellow 10 story germanic building on the two avenues, what is it? Other than that, excellent work, you really made an awesome scene and its really made my day to see such a wonderful picture. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

1

@citycowboyThanks for the comment, I'm not sure exactly what building you mean, so I've linked the two most likely ones:

Hope it is one of these! :)

citycowboy likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment

Fantastic work, I really like pic 2!! :thumb:

Though minor complaint, it ought to come with a health warning because of the mind bending moments that occur when trying to figure out what is ortho and what is dia. :boggle::rofl:

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
9 minutes ago, vortext said:

Fantastic work, I really like pic 2!! :thumb:

Though minor complaint, it ought to come with a health warning because of the mind bending moments that occur when trying to figure out what is ortho and what is dia. :boggle::rofl:

 

@vortextThanks for the compliment! I might add that heath warning! :D 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Extremely well made, really realistic, not too much skyscrapers, a lot of W2W. I love the details all the bat you've add a nice mix of modern and old architecture. 5/5  :thumb:

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 minutes ago, lesgaz said:

Extremely well made, really realistic, not too much skyscrapers, a lot of W2W. I love the details all the bat you've add a nice mix of modern and old architecture. 5/5  :thumb:

Thanks for the comment @lesgaz! :D 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Pretty nice :) I think my only problem (but it's a big one) is the lack of traffic. To me, it kills what's otherwise a series of very enjoyable updates.

_Michael likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Sign up to join our friendly community. It's easy!  :thumb:


Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now