• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Wolfskreut (CBD and some more images)

_Michael

Well, thanks for all the feedback on the first entry of Wolfskreut. I have changed things up a bit since then, modifying my NAM controller, so more automata should appear. Since quite a lot of the city is plopped, not as much appears as I'd like, so I'm still tweaking settings; let me know what you think.

I also change the embankments in the centre, to make them more pedestrian friendly, and finally, this entry is in spring, rather than autumn! (green trees!)

Hope you all enjoy!

Replies for "Wolfskreut (Historic Centre)"

Spoiler

Thanks @gviper. Do you mind pointing out the image number, so I can investigate and fix. Thanks! :) 

Thanks for the comment @nos.17:) I tried, this entry, to get a much higher automata level in the pictures, but my 500k population just didn't want it. How would you recommend increasing the level of automata? 

@sunda, do you mind writing in English please, since this is an English site. But with the help of Google Translate, thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks very much for the comment @korver:) 

@tariely The pavement is custom. I designed it based on pavements in London and other European cities. I assume these are the buildings you are asking about:? RE the automata: I loaded up the Traffic Simulation Controller and modified the capacities and Mass Transit usage. I opened the game, and it was full of automata! Thanks for the pointer. :) 

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt! And thank for the feedback. :) 

@BugeyedDragon , thanks :) 

Thanks for the comment @takemethere! I see that in no. 12, ops. The park is actually the front of the following buildings, but I'm sure it could be re-lotted to just contain the park. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3124.

The parking set is here, and yes, I do quite like it. ;) 

@vortext, I usually always play with the shadows on, so I assumed they were on this time, but clearly not! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll double check there on now. And thanks for the other comments. :) 

Thanks for the comment @rockslag:) 

Thanks @tankmank!

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

jSBb2g3.jpg

eyhh5TS.jpg

TuQ8taH.jpg

qV3LS3f.jpg

yEb0dNy.jpg

OhxMF3G.jpg

NnxdkNF.jpg

GhFmalo.jpg

Rp410hQ.jpg

hVMrNOA.jpg

qM6Uzjf.jpg

KscHzLI.jpg

wMY3OOe.jpg

xKkAz8R.jpg

i5QllUb.jpg

GZlQu3K.jpg

f7Eaohc.jpg

M1v6tSl.jpg

6h7abr9.jpg

1cEqBYL.jpg

Bpy9Slk.jpg

VcM9p0a.jpg

MUNGtb0.jpg

fqSzYRr.jpg

yaRgZtb.jpg

flYnkoe.jpg

ioZMfGk.jpg

1WVTXLG.jpg

zgb8FhO.jpg

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave feedback in the comments, if you have any! Thaks for reading.

percent_0.png

28 Comments

12 minutes ago, v701 said:

That's a very nice city !! Very good job !

:ducky:

Thanks @v701 for the comment! :) 

3 minutes ago, BugeyedDragon said:

Great!!! I love those skylines.

Thanks for the comment @BugeyedDragon!

Share this comment

I really love the river plaza and the public spaces are exquisite! Sadly, the panoramic at the top looks like two buildings in the top right have been abandoned. :(  All in all a really lovely piece of work!

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, gviper said:

I really love the river plaza and the public spaces are exquisite! Sadly, the panoramic at the top looks like two buildings in the top right have been abandoned. :(  All in all a really lovely piece of work!

Opps! @gviper666. I've noticed, I'll have to re-plop. It's sometimes hard to keep track of all of these little things in such a large city!

Share this comment

Great skyline ! Mosaic city quarters are very nice; like the mix of diagonals with the 4 corner care´s or assembled blocks. GLR on avenue bridges next for NAM 35 ?

Greenspace very nicely created, as quated quai very nice. City level at height 30, like to know wich  river wall was used, well done !

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

Looks great! You've made sure that your parks have a good use of open space in combination with those diagonals fillers. Glad you've also gotten some automata to show up on those streets. Nice work!

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

1 hour ago, kschmidt said:

Great skyline ! Mosaic city quarters are very nice; like the mix of diagonals with the 4 corner care´s or assembled blocks. GLR on avenue bridges next for NAM 35 ?

Greenspace very nicely created, as quated quai very nice. City level at height 30, like to know wich  river waal was used, well done !

@kschmidt, Thanks for the comment! :) 

8 minutes ago, kingofsimcity said:

Looks great! You've made sure that your parks have a good use of open space in combination with those diagonals fillers. Glad you've also gotten some automata to show up on those streets. Nice work!

Thanks for the comment @kingofsimcity! :) 

Share this comment

That's a truly beautifully worked uneven terrain. Those retaining walls and overpasses are what I've trying to do for months, fully realized. I'm particularly fallen in love with the tracks leading to the central station and the avenue with tramway that undercrosses it, is all very harmonic, with a enjoyable european feel.

Also, I guess your 30 meters high terrain is as high for a reason, and it would be great to see some images of your ferry system.

By the way, which one is the sidewalk texture you are using? It looks great and very urban, the tiling and dirt mixes very well with all wealth levels. 

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

4 hours ago, matias93 said:

That's a truly beautifully worked uneven terrain. Those retaining walls and overpasses are what I've trying to do for months, fully realized. I'm particularly fallen in love with the tracks leading to the central station and the avenue with tramway that undercrosses it, is all very harmonic, with a enjoyable european feel.

Also, I guess your 30 meters high terrain is as high for a reason, and it would be great to see some images of your ferry system.

By the way, which one is the sidewalk texture you are using? It looks great and very urban, the tiling and dirt mixes very well with all wealth levels. 

Thanks for the comment @matias93! I've been perfecting the use of levels over about 5 different cities, it is hard to get right! 

I haven't got round to adding in a river boat system, but thank for the idea!

RE: the sidewalk, it is a custom texture. :) 

3 hours ago, Ng_pillow said:

This is beast! A job well done

Thanks for the comment @Ng_pillow! :) 

matias93 likes this

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, ThuanLy said:

Can you tell me what plugin of Station railway. It look beautiful, i want it in my city. Please ;D

That's Xannepan's recreation of the Gare d'Orsay in Paris. You can download it in the LEXhttp://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2656. You also have to download this texture dependency to avoid black grounds from appearing: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1806. Xannepan also published the same building as a museum, the use the real building recieves now: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2616

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

3 hours ago, ThuanLy said:

Can you tell me what plugin of Station railway. It look beautiful, i want it in my city. Please ;D

Thanks for the comment,@matias93answered your question. 

3 hours ago, matias93 said:

That's Xannepan's recreation of the Gare d'Orsay in Paris. You can download it in the LEXhttp://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2656. You also have to download this texture dependency to avoid black grounds from appearing: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1806. Xannepan also published the same building as a museum, the use the real building recieves now: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2616

Thank you for doing that! 

matias93 likes this

Share this comment

The last 2 updates are marvellous!! :thumb:

In fact I voted image 19 on Best Picture Competition :party:

A tip: for on-slope rail (image 12 in Wolfskreut Historic Centre) you can use the T-onslope, so the interchange will not be broken. ;)

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

On 16 June 2016 at 4:02 AM, sonofsim said:

:yes: wow

Thanks for the comment @sonofsim

18 minutes ago, vinlabsc3k said:

The last 2 updates are marvellous!! :thumb:

In fact I voted image 19 on Best Picture Competition :party:

A tip: for on-slope rail (image 12 in Wolfskreut Historic Centre) you can use the T-onslope, so the interchange will not be broken. ;)

Thanks for the tip. I did not know that! And thanks for the comment! :) 

Share this comment

All I can say is that this is absolutely stunning, just stunning. The medieval, old Europe look is just amazing, catches my breath it's so beautiful. I feel like I should just quit now while I'm so very, very far behind, go back to Ireland and live in a dolman. Any pearls of wisdom for someone just getting wrapped up in this incredible world? 

Cheers,

Kate

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Irishmuse said:

All I can say is that this is absolutely stunning, just stunning. The medieval, old Europe look is just amazing, catches my breath it's so beautiful. I feel like I should just quit now while I'm so very, very far behind, go back to Ireland and live in a dolman. Any pearls of wisdom for someone just getting wrapped up in this incredible world? 

Cheers,

Kate

I would hate for anyone to quit! Thanks for the complement and comment though! :) 

Share this comment

Absolutely stunning! Your city is stunning!!! Where did you get the buildings in the 21 picture that has the curved front? All three are beautiful. They remind me of homes I saw in Vienna.

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

That is some fantastic work, I'm impressed by the sheer variety of buildings and how you seamlessly integrated that custom texture mod.  Nice work on the interchange, even though it's fairly large for an interchange with that number of ramps it works well because it's in an open area, plus sometimes longer ramps accentuate the interchange better. That concert stage is pretty cool, would love to make use of that and the 5-sided diagonal building with the dome in pic 18 if you remember the links.

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

23 hours ago, takemethere said:

That is some fantastic work, I'm impressed by the sheer variety of buildings and how you seamlessly integrated that custom texture mod.  Nice work on the interchange, even though it's fairly large for an interchange with that number of ramps it works well because it's in an open area, plus sometimes longer ramps accentuate the interchange better. That concert stage is pretty cool, would love to make use of that and the 5-sided diagonal building with the dome in pic 18 if you remember the links.

@takemethereThank you very much for the comment! I assume this is building you mean? http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3058

Takingyouthere likes this

Share this comment