• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

XXXI ・ Reflection

Tonraq

wApLkRk.jpg

I was writing something long for this update, but ST had other ideas. However, all I can say is this: thank you, for your patronage. It's been exactly 5 years when I opened this journal as a reluctant teenager, but looking back from it, my old self has something to say to me; and it could apply to us even.

All the mighty becomes the very weak,
All the giants become the poor midgets,
All the living became the putrid dead.
It becomes the unforgivable truth...
This is where the true life begins the new fire.

Cheers to another 5 years!

--- 

SuQOQRK.jpg
FiEXU5a.jpg
otSvupy.jpg
GjPoOEU.jpg
BauKLYD.jpg
EuexL6d.jpg
jyBurWu.jpg
fnSicKq.jpg
2xa6W5s.jpg
Gg6PPVk.jpg
L3JJD9d.jpg
uScCO8C.jpg
gLCuLEu.jpg
13JLmIA.jpg
lKl3nn7.jpg
NA1dg3l.jpg
UpoQeq5.jpg
aN9kOpG.jpg
Fp0G1TW.jpg
dK46xPP.jpg
u6Ia5tM.jpg
DQXeNML.jpg
W6iAlli.jpg
C3kPVcc.jpg
kNv3ciX.jpg
l6WfhM3.jpg
M1CzsP6.jpg
RQs0b9U.jpg
uKHmyyd.jpg
K4vy2rF.jpg
jYQyXph.jpg
7deIwh8.jpg
KCGghxh.jpg
1mw0KJw.jpg

-30-

jcBWhSq.jpg

@ThuanLy all it takes is some perseverance and patience. Thanks for the patronage! Cheers to another 5 years! @MissVanleider thanks! I was working with Photoshop filters and I guess that worked :P @gviper thanks as always! @Artimus thanks! As I said, all it takes is perseverance and patience and the will to work with what you have. @kschmidt well everything's at premium nowadays, but thanks! @tankmank thanks! 

@Odainsaker it did remind me of my old hometown and I watched that segment and found some similarities with what I had in my hometown and that segment. Also, GA architect also produces some quality journals out there, and so does C3. They all have nice 60lb card stock. :P 

@aegian thanks! @takemethere thanks! @Schulmanator wow, thanks for the 5 years of participation. I still remember the time when we made that newspaper thing. I was wondering if I can still get it back somehow :P @juliok92012 awww I wish you can still play your amazing journal. Your cities always look good :( 

@sunda Gracias! @Urban Constanta thanks! @MushyMushy I thought Skimbo's Dragon Islands Cities was better than what I had done but thanks! Much appreciated :P @kingofsimcity thank you!

Once again, thanks for the 5 years!

じゃあ~ いってきます!(^も^)>

16 Comments

Recommended Comments

Congratulations! Hope to see you the next 5 years ;)

(and great choice of pictures btw. I especially like the 6th one with the pine trees and the diagonal station)

Share this comment

Truly magnificent work man! The rail line slicing through that residential area is seamless, not to mention that last shot on the journal...simply unreal in its quality! Well done!

Share this comment

Well done ! Japan in minature so true created CJ; compact topologic city with nice features here and there, well done !

Share this comment

Those close up shots look great. you made good use of a large variety of BATs/Lots and I like the mmp work as well.
Congrats on 5 years and now 500 comments as well!

Share this comment

Excellent Japanese flavor:-) (visual request : the pictures could be less dark. Photoshop to the rescue, or screen brightness management...:-)

Share this comment

18 hours ago, tariely said:

Excellent Japanese flavor:-) (visual request : the pictures could be less dark. Photoshop to the rescue, or screen brightness management...:-)

@tariely Dark photos and extremely sharp contrasts are usually my visual signature (auteur license); without it I would end up like your vanilla Japanese CJ (compare with Teiko's filters as an example :P ) It usually sets the usual tone/mood to each entry, which is to make the target audience feel cold and serious. I usually finish my entries late at night as well, and that involves adjusting the screen to the lowest level and viewing it from there because it's easier for my eyes lol. 

Share this comment