• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bassenheim

_Michael

Hi,

So a couple of weeks ago, I finished the main part of a new city, Bassenheim. I tweaked the city a bit, edited images and am now ready to present to you, the city of Bassenheim.

Hope you enjoy! ;) 

Replies for "Niesen":

Thanks @gviper! I understand the comment about the rocks!

Thanks for the comment @MissVanleider:)

Thanks for the praise @Ln X:)

Thank you for all the comments @LexusInfernus:) 

I do try to improve the world! :D Thanks for the comment @Dreadnought

Thanks for understanding @takemethere. And thanks for all of the comments! :) 

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt! The RHW and Rail make such wide curves in order to stay smooth, as the terrain is quite steep. There is one station, but as the rail is much higher up due to the cliff, than the other parts of the village, as second station was not practical. As for RHW access, there is a interchange that can be accessed by juts going about 200m into an adjacent tile. :) 

Thanks for the comment @kelistmac! I've nearly finished on the content for the next entry! I think you'll enjoy it! :) 

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

AASg8wF.jpg

yKYsp9k.jpg

gFABKXi.jpg

JgrJfF3.jpg

MmN7yHO.jpg

uxEDiFc.jpg

IXphxCq.jpg

dgaqtis.jpg

vJzRBCQ.jpg

lX30ZXX.jpg

KjDPrgy.jpg

gYygmMo.jpg

TtNph4y.jpg

FzuQDg3.jpg

6k2TLDg.jpg

zBhv4eq.jpg

HLPRzqy.jpg

NpFGRLp.jpg

UQFXWXN.jpg

lpDG7y7.jpg

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

.png

Hope you enjoyed the entry! :) 

34 Comments

The city looks great and your sidewalk textures are bangin' like a biscuit! But the first mosaic is messed up, half way through and it has spliced weirdly.

Edit: That mosaic has gone!

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Ln X said:

The city looks great and your sidewalk textures are bangin' like a biscuit! But the first mosaic is messed up, half way through and it has spliced weirdly.

@Ln XSorry! That was an earlier version of image 13 (old 14) and was uploaded in error, I've corrected that now! Thanks for the complement about the sidewalk, it's custom and took me ages to get right!

Share this comment

1 minute ago, michae95l said:

@Ln XSorry! That was an earlier version of image 13 (old 14) and was uploaded in error, I've corrected that now! Thanks for the complement about the sidewalk, it's custom and took me ages to get right!

Exceptional job! They make this CJ look very distinctive and the textures themselves would make a fine addition to the STEX.

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

(I concur re the sidewalk textures !:-) Very nice European-looking city, a fine balance between old and modern styles ! The transport netwok looks fine too and anti-griddy:-) , although some parkings seem to me strangely placed (picture 3) ; and the rocks by the castle....nah, not there yet:-) . Unless if were a sheer rock cliff (and you could fake that quite well  with Murimk bedrock MMP ), I think the city would have long ago buttressed those walls with another retaining wall (like JRJ Residentials Walls or  especially JS Seawalls V3, that don't need water --if I remember well). 

Apart from that, :thumb:

_Michael and Dreadnought like this

Share this comment

Man I just love it !! The whole city is really nice, the building selection and also how you are building those railways along the city, that the part that I most like, your trains going around the city in different levels, ground level, underground using those tunnels, the elevated train... it is fantastic !! and of course, I like that name, "Bassen" is until this time my better creation in this game I think so even if the name is not the same, I like to read Bassen and if I may say, nice place to plop my building, I think is one of the best places to place it, close to the water.

Greetings :thumb:

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Ln X said:

Exceptional job! They make this CJ look very distinctive and the textures themselves would make a fine addition to the STEX.

@Ln XI'll consider uploading the sidewalk. ;)

38 minutes ago, tariely said:

(I concur re the sidewalk textures !:-) Very nice European-looking city, a fine balance between old and modern styles ! The transport netwok looks fine too and anti-griddy:-) , although some parkings seem to me strangely placed (picture 3) ; and the rocks by the castle....nah, not there yet:-) . Unless if were a sheer rock cliff (and you could fake that quite well  with Murimk bedrock MMP ), I think the city would have long ago buttressed those walls with another retaining wall (like JRJ Residentials Walls or  especially JS Seawalls V3, that don't need water --if I remember well). 

Apart from that, :thumb:

@tarielyI didn't think i could compete with the MMP queen! Thanks for the comments and suggestions! ;)

29 minutes ago, kelistmac said:

Man I just love it !! The whole city is really nice, the building selection and also how you are building those railways along the city, that the part that I most like, your trains going around the city in different levels, ground level, underground using those tunnels, the elevated train... it is fantastic !! and of course, I like that name, "Bassen" is until this time my better creation in this game I think so even if the name is not the same, I like to read Bassen and if I may say, nice place to plop my building, I think is one of the best places to place it, close to the water.

Greetings :thumb:

@kelistmac Thanks for your comment! Your buildings do look great! :) 

Share this comment

European city dense like, great use of the train, tram and glr network pieces. Mosaic very nice, maybe a bit to much some small parks would break it up. Old New spereration in between main land and islands very nice, well done !

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

43 minutes ago, gviper said:

Yeah! That's some eye candy right there!

@gviperThanks for the comment!

21 minutes ago, kschmidt said:

European city dense like, great use of the train, tram and glr network pieces. Mosaic very nice, maybe a bit to much some small parks would break it up. Old New spereration in between main land and islands very nice, well done !

@kschmidtI tried to add some parks to break it up, I might add some more now! Thanks for the comment!

19 minutes ago, philforhockey51 said:

What a great city, I love the varied elevations and the elevated rail working it's way through the city. Going from picture to picture is W2W = Wow to Wow

@philforhockey51I like that new acronym! Thanks for the comment! :) 

Share this comment

8 hours ago, MilitantRadical said:

Everything is so neatly configured. You're making my SC4 autism go through the roof with this one. I'm inspired.

@MilitantRadicalThanks for the highest complement! :) 

Share this comment

Nice entry , image 19 I must say I like how you have a toll booth near the tunnel entrance , but the rail textures confuse me a bit . The way you handled elevation changes was well done . And a nice mix of buildings as well .

_Michael likes this

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, raynev1 said:

Nice entry , image 19 I must say I like how you have a toll booth near the tunnel entrance , but the rail textures confuse me a bit . The way you handled elevation changes was well done . And a nice mix of buildings as well .

@raynev1Thanks for the comment! Can I ask, what specifically is confusing about the rail textures? :) 

Share this comment

6 hours ago, f3cs said:

The 11th image it's soooo awesome... Your city is incredible!

Thanks for the comment @f3cs! :) 

5 hours ago, Bastet69008 said:

True beauty! A very nice balance between the W2W European buildings and skyscrapers :)

Thanks @Bastet69008! :) 

Share this comment

Just now, Abrams124 said:

Amazing city!It just feels empty on some pictures without cars.still great looking!

@Abrams124Even with a high level persistent automata plugins, cars can be hard to come across! Thanks for the comment! :) 

Share this comment

1 minute ago, michae95l said:

@Abrams124Even with a high level persistent automata plugins, cars can be hard to come across! Thanks for the comment! :) 

The easiest way to make more cars is to reduce capacity of roads in the NAM TSCT controller.that way you can get a small town get traffic like Haljackey's cities :lol:

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Abrams124 said:

The easiest way to make more cars is to reduce capacity of roads in the NAM TSCT controller.that way you can get a small town get traffic like Haljackey's cities :lol:

I'll have to investigate that! Thanks. :) 

Share this comment