• Moose

Okaiken

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

otaki XXVIII ・Look at us NOW!

Tonraq

kKpO3GZ.png

So, I decided to scrap everything under the preview of the 27th update and just give people some replies to it. Before that, however, Happy New Year everyone! The forecast for this year is extremely busy and I'll be down to a couple of updates here and then... Could you believe it that Okaiken is entering its 5th year already? We are making some minute changes to our format this time. I'm getting rid of text in images and post the contents here so that you guys can easily Google some definitions, as I had greatly expanded my vocabulary and might be well off the common and simplistic language that for years defined the journal. Without further ado, let's begin our journey in Okaiken's revamp.

---

Replies (返事)

Well, @Sexysark:P, it's more of like short bursts of updating all over the internet so it was quite limited. I haven't even posted the New Year's update in the site until now (see below) so this one is a change for the better. 

Thanks for the commendation, @gviper, much appreciated as always :)

I think some Brazilian elements can be found in the design of the city, @Paulobergonci, I had been partly researching Japan while at the same time looking at the latest news on the Rio Olympics. Then Japanese elements set up the update to the "everything worked" part.:P

Here is a new update for you, @Schulmanator! And thanks again for commenting, @Urban Constanta, much appreciated.

Season 4 is when Okaiken becomes a little bit modern, @raynev1, it's pretty much a progression and the differing feelings of the designer of the city, his reaction(s) to the landscape and his feelings about the way he is living right now. Studio life has a huge impact on my things and this reflect it.

Thanks for commenting, @dedgren, and welcome to Okaiken.

---

In the City of Otaki, the cosmopolitan capital of Okaiken and one of the world's largest urban conurbation, are areas of differing shapes, sizes and uses. In order for us to understand its dynamics, we'll offer you a tour of how the city works from one of our young apprentices. Enjoy.

(Music Selection)

"おはようございます, welcome to Otaki. Contrary to the previous tours that you may have encountered, you will be spending your day with me and 三代目 J Soul Brothers. We'll go to Otaki's hottest and most energetically charged places. If you have any questions, please ask me or one of the members."

inDmxsA.png

Let's get crazy! We want to it. Yeah...

BbqooPG.png

(Passing by the National Diet Building and the Sanese Flag, which had been flying since it was created in 1968)

9INYcq5.png

(Through the Senganji and Shimamura-cho)

Z219JFy.png

"Here we are at our very first stop in this tour, Komatsu-cho. In this 5-pointed intersection, the Ometasando Center (top) houses the Kinbashi Theater, one of the most used performing arts center for Okaiken. It won't be used by the group tonight, but rather on the Dome, which will be one of our destinations for later. Did you know, the Ometasando Center used to house the OKS48 theater as well, until the Government ordered the closure of the facility and charged its owner for business malpractices and abuse."

VBtm9Sp.png

(Passing through Komatsu-cho on the way to the dome)

pguuJo7.png

"Here we are at the dome. From here, I'll let the group take over and you should enjoy their concert. Have fun!"

gTtQTH2.png

(Day)

ysc6RFb.png

(to night... I did enjoy that concert, however.)

"Hey, wanna come party with us?"

C159Szu.png

(At Komatsu-cho, the party went until midnight.)

XQJwl3N.png

(after the party, the group and I passed through the National Diet...)

xnjNLDK.png

(and the flag.)

---

Just an addendum for you guys: A New Year's update is posted here:

(Part 1)

and

(Part 2)

---

Addendum of addendum: Cars were missing from the game due to some bug in the NAM system. Please bear with me how I figure it out and give you some cars at the side.

-30-

22 Comments

Guess who's back, back again.
Tonraq's back, tell a friend.

Great to see you you back and posting mate, its been a while. Hope you got even more goodies for us coming soon.

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment

Amazing!! What are your settings for the picture correction? (brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness levels?) My favorite is Number 1 although the streets lack some cars :)

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment

Lovely pictures ! The place where the flag is standing is really cool, the flag too. The first picture of the update with that EL-RAIL station is very nice. It looks very realistic !

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment

I like the feel of the city. And the New Years entries were cool. Looking forward to seeing more this year. And it also might help to reinstall the NAM, i've has problems when i moved my plugins folder from my old laptop to my current PC and a reinstall helped a lot 

Tonraq likes this

Share this comment