• Moose

神山 | Kamiyama

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

29 - Downtown pictures

art128

Hello guys. :wub:

Firstly, I had to discard my previous region again. Since I changed a bit my computer (went to Intel HD4600) I had lots of graphical glitches once I opened the region's tiles. Creating a fresh new region was alright, though I still had glitches when building certain building on slopes. I also can't use the lot editor with HD4600, the window flashes and doesn't display anything correctly.

I'm probably going to buy new things for my PC soon:

Case: This one is an oven. 80°c when playing Simcity4, barely 50°c when idle.. I'll go for a mATX mid tower.

PSU: I recently had two case of USB power surge when plugging my mouse to charge it, and it's strange that I often have HDD dying for no reasons. A friend of mine suspects my PSU is finally giving up after two years of heavy usage.

HDD: My internal Seagate 3TB died again. (I already RMA'd it once) so I'm going to buy a 2TB from another brand, to see if it's more reliable.. Luckily, my external 3TB backup is intact and up to date. I'll also buy a 1TB HDD to store games on it.

GPU: Yeah, Going to get a 750ti I think. It'll solve much if not all glitches I have with SC4/lot editor and intel HD4600. Plus I want to play some games at 720p with a good framerate.

Enough tech speak, more simcity.

Since the graphical glitch I had with my previous region, I went ahead and created a new one from scratch. Originally a 3x3 medium city tiles, I finished it and expanded it to a 5x3 med city tiles. Style stays the same, Japanese. I also upgraded the NAM and to my surprise all of my mods are still working and I now have overhead lines on my railways. :)

Without any more words, here is the first update. It consists of random pictures from the central tile. Click on the pictures for full size. (1280x720)

wdkrer.png

There are currently 261.600 inhabitants in the region.

I've also created two maps of the region: The Subway map and the general road map

The subway lines and the suburban railway line (in blue on the subway map) are administrated by the Kamiyama Public Transportation Bureau, which administrates the bus lines in the region too.

apfbye.jpg

The central station at night. Beautiful building by gobanboshi (right menu > simcity > all three links under "●追加プラグイン")

oaczge.jpg

The station during the day.

fltamq.jpg

The Shinkansen station. It serves the Hokuriku Shinkansen.

zqjnju.jpg

The city hall building. In front of it is the terminus of the suburban railway line. The station is named " Chūō (中央) " and is a railway, subway and bus hub.

nkgxnn.jpg

jbvmae.jpg

This area is located west of the central station. The Kamiyama main line continues straight west while the Fukui line goes north here.

dasgjz.jpg

Same thing as the previous picture but east of the station. The Fukui line makes a south turn while the Kamiyama main line continues east.

rzxnqu.jpg

Some Danchis located south of the downtown.

kljgzl.jpg

brcrhv.jpg

The indoor sports arena, located just a few meters from the Chūō station.

And that's all for the moment. As you can see I have a lot of places to show on the region, and even more to be completed.. :)

Hope you liked this update. :wub:

8 Comments

Awesome work!

btw by choosing hokuriku means your cities located in nothern coast of honshu (toyama, niigata, ishikawa)?

art128 likes this

Share this comment

Awesome work!

btw by choosing hokuriku means your cities located in nothern coast of honshu (toyama, niigata, ishikawa)?

Exactly. Somewhere between Fukui and Noto.

Share this comment