Ionica

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

52 - Believe in Magic

VcVXctX.png

"If you want it, you can have it, all you gotta do it believe in magic."

That's what they said while building Sierra, this small but beautiful Zone that looks out onto Diamond Lake.

It is called Diamond Lake because legend has it that on a clear night when the stars shine their brightest you can dip any object into its waters and it will become encrusted with jewels.

A little bit of music to set the mood...

Very expensive Ionican real estate that looks out onto Diamond Lake. The view is amazing, you'll see.

Sierra_Apr2_copy.jpg

How 'bout a round of Tennis on one of Ionica's first Raised Transit Parks?

Sierra_Feb7_copy.jpg

The Twin Lions of Sierra, two black onyx lion statues, still hold their guard after hundreds of years.

Sierra_Feb5_copy.jpg

The beautiful blue Talavera Office Park looks down on the Twin Lions and out onto Diamond Lake. Executive offices must be sweet!

Sierra_Apr3_copy.jpg

If you come to Sierra don't forget to stop at Benny's Bistro Barge. The food is great, inexpensive, and the view is amazing.

Sierra_Mar_copy.jpg

Of course the main attraction which can't be missed is the Black Stones Lighthouse. You can admire its beauty from land or you can charter a tour to take you on the water if you want to see it up close. I suggest going on the water because you can also get a great view of the marine life.

Sierra_Feb_copy.jpg

If you're lucky you already live in the Orion Tower and have the best view of the entire lake.

Sierra_Feb2_copy.jpg

When the sun goes down you can understand why the builders of Sierra believed in magic.

Sierra_Feb9_copy.jpg

The best time to get on the water is when the light of the moon or the bright stars pierce through the water of the lake. Only then can you truly appreciate how the Legend of Diamond Lake came to be.

Sierra_Feb3v2.jpg

Been to Benny's Bistro Barge for lunch? Well you need to go there again for dinner. After the sun and a bit of booze flows has set the atmosphere becomes a bit more lively. Their dinner menu is also amazing.

Sierra_Mar2.jpg

If you're up for more adventure head down to a bar near the Twin Lions, if not get a bus.

Sierra_Feb6_copy.jpg

Workin' late at my job in the Talavera Office Park to get a promotion so that I can have one of those sweet executive offices!

Sierra_Apr4_copy.jpg

Now that we've had a few drinks lets go for a Tennis rematch.

Sierra_Feb8_copy.jpg

Sierra_Apr_copy.jpg

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always appreciated. Thanks for visiting.

ionica_REPLIES.jpg

Moerp: It's just awesome, you really brought kind of a exotic feeling in your pictures, just great!

Glad you got the feeling I was trying to convey.

TekindusT: Amazing update and amazing pictures!

Thanks Tek.

KonstantinII: I just like this feeling of a dense city. Even though everything is tightly packed together it does not seem out of place. Looks like in these shops items can be bought for a price much cheaper than in malls Avalon.

Also you can use these futuristic asian buildings for this district.

Thanks for passing along those buildings. I actually have some of them. I may have used them here but you just can't see them from these angles.

Gugu3: Very nice Chinatown you have there!

Nice, thanks.

freemunchies:Great job! All those buildings go really well together!

They were all carefully selected. Thanks.

Schulmanator: Nice! Looks good and quite real.

Sweet, I kinda took a page from Bastet and gigius.

MatTSW: I can feel this Chinese chaos. And this guy w CCCP blouse...

Heheh, yeah that guy. He was looking pretty dazed so i managed to snap a few shots of him just standing there like that.

Fox: Fantastic looking Chinatown area.. very envious.

A feeling I've experienced when visiting your CJ. Thanks.

jmsepe: Nice Chinatown there! Where did you get those buildings, btw?

Tough question cause there are a lot of buildings but you can find some of the newest Japanese W2W buildings here.

tankmank: Lovely Chinatown, i like the use of SC4 pictures and self taken photographs it adds a lot more to the update, transporting you to the streets.

It is a shame that in SC4 you can't go down and get street views of your city.

Lord Branham: Fantastic work, really reminds me of the Chinatown in San Francisco!

Ah yes, I didn't realize that. The front gate is kind of reminiscent of SF's Chinatown, except it isn't on a slope.

Schriefer: Nice Chinatown! It's really beautiful!

Thanks.

SimRico: Was planning my trip to Ionica for months! Glad to have added this stop to my Weekly Around The World Tour of Featured Cities! I am off to some night-life fun and see you at the net sun!

Hope you had your fill of really amazing food in Ionica's Chinatown.

18 Comments

Recommended Comments

Grid busting! I really like those diagonals. The whole city feels like San Francisco The raised transit park fits well. The one I downloaded wasn't transit enabled for some reason. I did something and it got undemolishable lot syndrome. After that I was able to pass my freeway right under it but not destroy it.

Share this comment

Back in Ionica on another Around the World Tour Of Featured Cjs and love it! Heading over to Chinatown to one of my favorite spots and get "Phatt and Phed!".. Will have to jump on the plane early in the morning, so better make my rounds to say hey to my friends here!

Share this comment