Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

56. Cascadia Tree Controller

blunder

zROF-HEAD-2.jpg?psid=1

56. Cascadia Tree Controller

Hello everyone! At long last the Cascadia tree controller is upon us. It was uploaded earlier today to the PLEX, and shortly i will have it up on the as well (will insert link here when i get it up).

Whereas my first tree controller was more of a 'light' version, this one is a heavy monster. It contains 38 brushes, a lot of HD-ness, and eats PC performance for lunch.

Flora includes lowland deciduous forests, mixed conifer/deciduous forests, a plethora of large evergreens, glorious aspen/larch mid elevation forests, meadows, and a purely HD subalpine set of flora.

The various models used include, but aren't limited to: (deep breath) ash, birch, aesculus, fagus, norweigian maple, eastern us maple, vine maple, poplar, alder, keg alder, dogwood, chestnuts, aspen, larch, hemlock, doug fir, noble fir, spruce, common spruce, blue spruce, shore pine, lodgepole pine, ponderosa pine, white pine, scotts pine, cedar, old growth cedar, subalpine fir, seasonal bushes, blackberries, lupines, scotch broom (jenet), ferns, corylus, lavendar, feather grass, pampas grass, narcissus, sparaxis, poppies.....

But you probably are sick of words and want some pics. Here ya go:

prod2.jpg?psid=1

prod1.jpg?psid=1

prod3.jpg?psid=1

prod4.jpg?psid=1

prod5.jpg?psid=1

prod6.jpg?psid=1

prod7.jpg?psid=1

prod9.jpg?psid=1

prod10.jpg?psid=1

Credits:

First, a great big old THANK YOU!!! goes to CP and Girafe for BATing all this excellent flora that we get to work with. I also have to give a big shout out to Lowkee for documenting much of the current knowledge about modding flora and tree controllers and for all his contributions to the community.

Mad props go to my testing crew, including but not limited to Paeng, Simcoug, Vortext, Tariel, Shroud, Nos17. Also big thanks to the whole simpeg crew who offered their thoughts, constructive criticisms, and support on this project.

As i said, it should be up on the STEX shortly.

Finally i can get back to playing this game and making updates for this CJ :D (after 5 months of work!)

Happy gaming. Now channel your Bob Ross and paint some Happy Little Trees!

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

@Tonraq, TowerDude, RepublicMaster, Benedict, 47ply: Thanks a lot for all your comments!

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

do you have to start new with this controller? or will it work with others? i allready have all those trees i think

Share this comment