• Comments
  • Views

Hullaqa, the city in the clouds

Bastet69008

666823a9-bef1-4393-8144-974bf4971d56_zps5134b46f.png

Replies

Thanks Hazani!

Thank you

;) Those roads literally changed my life as a SC4 player, I was tired of the standard Maxis roads, those ones are more realistic to me.

Hahaha well, I could have added more sunbathers props on the beach, I was a bit lazy on that one, but be assured that the beaches in Rio de Mayo are filled with thousands of beautiful chicks

Thanks a lot pingpong!

Obrigado Luiz, really appreciate it coming from a true Carioca

;)

Obrigado my friend!

Thank you !

:thumb:

Thanks buddy!

Haha well this is a pretty rich city

;)

Thank you!

The Copacabana sidewalk I used is not available for download and I am not authorized to distribute it, but some great Copacabana textures are available on the STEX :

As for the texture on the avenue median and the sidewalk near the buildings, it is a regular BSC texture

Thanks for your comment my friend, again the textures I used are mostly BSC textures that are available on the BSC Mega texture pack

Thank you!

Thanks a lot! Totally agree,

Some of the best buses modeled so far

;) As for the cars you can't actually disable the traffic in the game, unless play with the pause mode from the beginning. My cities are 100% eye-candy and made with the LE, so nothing is functional, all the cars are props, not automata. Thanks for your comment!

The road textures are a custom pack made by Heblem from LBT Team. It is not available for download, but I can send you the files.

Thanks simcityplayer15! Again, everything I make is eye-candy, props only, nothing functional.

Thanks a lot my Ontarian friend (and neighbour)! Currently -17C in Quebec

:lol:

Thank you!

:thumb:

Thanks a lot!

Obrigado

;)

You will always be welcome in San Theodoros! Thank you!

Thank you TekindusT!

Obrigado my Goiano friend! Really appreciate it! The road textures and the Calçada are not available for download, but the rest is

;)

Obrigado!

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much!

Thanks feeroz! Well, you probably play using automata, I don't. My work is 100% Lot Editor, nothing is functional, the cars are static props

Obrigado! I'M using the HD White Sand Beach Mod (

) and the Cabo de Arraial Beach Mod for the Water. The water mod is not available for download anymore, since it was exclusively available on the SimCityBrasil Website, which doesn't work anymore. Some people are working to get it back on track, but the custom content that is available for download disappeared.

Thank you!

Thanks a lot Ben!

Thank you!

Thanks a lot

:yes:

Estado Nuevo del Altiplano, Ciudad de Hullaqa

Hullaqa (pronounce H-u-lia-kha) is the third largest city in San Theodoros with about 225,000 inhabitants, located to the east of the Gran Chapo desert, in the department of Estado Nuevo del Altiplano. On the San Theodoran Altiplano, the city is 2,500 meters (8,202 feet) above sea level causing locals and visitors to call it The City In The Clouds. It is surrounded by mountains filled with gold, diamonds, copper, iron and silver. The high concentrations of precious metals (the highest in the world) lead to a gold-and-everything-that-is-worth-many-pesos rush after the end of the Gran Chapo war between San Theodoros and its neighboring country, Nuevo Rico in 1937. San Theodoros became then one of the richest countries in the world. Unfortunately, an earthquake destroyed the whole city in 1956, and following the rise to power of dictator General Tapioca in 1959, poor management and corruption prevented the government from making investments, leaving Hullaqa almost abandoned.

Following the arrival to the presidential palace of General Alcazar in 1972, the San Theodoran communist junta heavily invested in the modernization of the infrastructures all over the country, which was suddenly stopped because the government wanted to modernize its military forces. The city, which was slowly recovering from the wounds of the past, saw thousands of new immigrants from all over the country and South America. Despite the enormous resources of the region, the city is the poorest in the country. General Alcazar’s government promised a $350 billion investment to rebuild the whole city and turn it into the country’s most modern city.

Overview of the city, located in the middle of the mountains.

10447375_zps6287db1a.jpg

Chaotic traffic in the streets of Hullaqa. 90% of the streets of the city are not paved and are pretty narrow, which makes Hullaqa the worst place in San Theodoros to drive.

6e24e50a-0e18-41ef-9b75-2a30abe37cb8_zps15cc5f85.png

eef9d46c-8f78-4c5a-9fdf-426f2e2fa1f7_zps51fb59f2.png

f998a48a-b669-42b9-9e41-379c20b5e739_zpsb34bbb07.png

d7500ca8-da2e-4a88-96c7-b8bf8013da42_zpsba3251c0.png

The Cristo Blanco a 30 meters (98ft) tall art deco statue, built in 1960 after the terrible earthquake in order to protect the city. Hundreds of people come each day to pray or visit this monument.

CristoBlanco_zpsaa8e8a99.jpg

28 Comments

Recommended Comments

where do I begin?

It is so sad that an earthquake destroyed the city, just like Port au prince =(

It looks like a peruvian city, you really got the spirit of the place.

And those streets! GOD, they are so busy, it looks like the traffic just dont run, prepare to be stuck there for hours.

Really great work, keep it coming.

Abraço

Share this comment

love the crowded, poor Latin American city. its so full of life and reminds me a little of my field trip to Uganda with the mix match of new and old buildings, traffic and bad roads

Share this comment

I think that The Cristo Blanco is the typically stereotype of a Latin American city, but, well done, the city of the picture is Juliaca, Perú ;)

Share this comment

That traffic :P

It's very grungy, and those effects sure do add the overall mood of the photo. Very down-to-earth, something that I rarely see in other CJs out there.

Share this comment

Welp, Photobucket ruined your photos. Try reuploading your photos to tinypic or Imgur. Anyways, looks promising. :D

I really would like to see what all those people before me saw. Can't wait...

Back on track guys :)

Share this comment