Lübbenauer Tor

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The White City

TekindusT

Comment Replies

@pasqualegiò: Then, I'm replyless... Just kidding, thanks for commenting!

@Tonraq: Thanks! It's pretty much what happens in reality. Everything is a mix between pre-war, post-war, pre-Mauerfall and contemporary buildings on this area.

@SimCoug: Thank you! To be honest, the part of the real Berlin where this CJ is tries to be based on is not that dense, there are some parks and open areas here and there, but... There are so many BATs telling me "plop me, plop me!"...

@TekindusT: Less complaining, more updating!

@DonVitoCorleone: It can look like random, but I can ensure you it is not... I'm always trying to find a balance between old and new buildings as I see in RL, but yeah, there is also room for a bit of improvisation.

@feeroz123: Thank you for the suggestion, but if I did so, this CJ would be made of only 3-4 updates, given that the area is very, very small, smaller than a small city tile. Perhaps on the next update I show a whole neighbourhood update.

@Gugu3 (x2): Thanks for commenting!

@SC4L0ver: ¡Gracias por comentar!

@Huston: Thank you! It can look difficult, but there is always that fine diagonal mid-rise that just fits in there. If it doesn't, photoedit it! ;)

@Fox: I think you could suffer an extreme awesomeness overload if you were provided with more awesomeness, Fox! Thanks for commenting!

@spursrule14: Always nice to be in the Win Column!

----------------------------------------------------------

5c0f5920e633cce0ffc3ba8c50d78f36.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEFQZEYRNYk

There is one time of the year when the open-airs wrap up, when kite flyers leave Tempelhofer Feld deserted, when no more Turks make barbecues at Volkspark Friedrichshain, and where youngsters stop drinking Sternis at Mauerpark. Winter is that time of the year when all Berliners "hibernate" and the only activity happens somewhere with heating. Meanwhile an omnipresent white cover embraces the city.

e224a420badcc1087c9a9ad2d2c2c40e.jpg

It always begins with a very discreet snowfall, tiny flakes pushed by the wind, meanwhile you're at work. Some minutes later, a curtain of thick flakes extends in front of you, and you regret not having picked your boots today. Fortunately, the snowplows are deployed in a few minutes, and roads are quickly cleared.

0f26e0541435562b56cab3d0f3905d43.jpg

It gets dark very early these days (but even earlier in December), and when people get back home from work, the electricity consumption increases. The small Böcklerparkufer power plant needs some overtime in order to cope with the demand. The Landwehrkanal is frozen at some points, but still navigable.

625ccec64fa82030721644fa170b11da.jpg

Despite the cold and the snow, Berlin (and the Kreuzberg district), can be a very warm place if you find the appropriate heating. While outside temperatures drop, you can enjoy the greatest moments with friends or family, or clubbing at Palais Theatre, perhaps the best remedy against the depression caused by The White City.

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

Beautiful pictures!  It's really amazing to see the seasons come back to SimCity in the city journals.  You have done a great job with winter!

Share this comment