Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Making of Maxwill - A Video Series - Part 1.5 - Some Stills - Teaser Update

Durfsurn

A short teaser update today with a few images and then a map.

NOTE: In between the video and this update I have done some development and zoning. It is mainly farms with some small streets and Residential too. I also added another town which can be seen on the map. More detail in the next video.

1st image here is the original at-grade intersection between the M79 and the C518 (un-named for now). In preparation for a large growth period the ERDOT has given Maxwill County some money for a diamond intersection as an upgrade.

7RI7SIv.jpg

For $100,000 work begun on the C518/M79 diamond intersection. The land was cleared and the service station was demolished - being replaced by a couple of different ones in town.

9jYdJzE.jpg

The M79 was chosen to overpass the C518 because of various space concerns with the C518 corridor. Work begun on the overpass. While the freeway overpass was being constructed, traffic was rerouted via Four Ways or a temporary feeder road coming of the farms to the south.

ahV5Jnn.jpg

The C518 was relayed and extended to the Residential development north of the project. The road was then re-opened to traffic.

RRxi0I0.jpg

Off/On Ramps were layed down and the freeway was re-opened to traffic. The temporary feeder road was demolished.

2o6sWDE.jpg

Tree's were replanted and high mast lighting was put in. Here is a day shot of Maxwill.

3Kije0K.jpg

And a night shot of the same area.

p86QoFL.jpg.

Next is a WIP road directory for the city tile. It still needs some roads to be named and I haven't worked out how to accurately map the PegPond MMP stuff but I will either guess or leave it as is.

6VVCUAT.jpg

Here is the same map but with some extension plans or the town. Currently Maxwill hosts ~2,000 people. Four Ways ~100.

Knvrsjr.jpg

Well it turned out to not be such a small teaser update as I first imagined it but it's something to tide you over until the next video is recorded/released. It will probably be Saturday Morning AEDST. Thanks for reading and get ready to be more involved in the next update video as I have something planned. ;)

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

Moerp: Thanks. I plan to have a few updates like this one every so often :)

Schriefer: I plan to make lots of them - maybe of every city eventually :)

Share this comment