Nir

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

In The City - The V Line

Nirwanda

REPLIES:

@ Bipin : Cheers! To hear that from you is like getting a wink from a rockstar or the bouquet at a wedding! :)

@ SimRico : Look on here! I've started one little thing and another is in the pipeline. Thanks for the imput too!

@ Mulefisk : Yeah last time I was in Melbourne I rode around on the trams a bit but Melboune's grid is really only the city and St. Kilda Road and a few other main roads (?) because once you ride out a bit it kinda goes windy. Anyway yes I have looked into it and done some experimenting and rezoning.

@ MatTSW : Cheers! Yeah it started as like a little halt and then just grew from the church, water tower and station to be a nice leafy suburb.

@ Huston : Thankyou :) Good to see you still give a look in despite my somewhat erratic posting :P

@ Schriefer : Thankyou! I plan to, the only time I have left the house this week is to buy toilet paper... Because we ran out.

IN THE CITY - A TRIP DOWN THE V LINE

5xzcedD.png

Welcome back to Liverpool friend! Today I'm gonna show you the new 'old' V line, named so after the physical arrangement of the system in the city. The V line used to be 2 rural lines converging just south of downtown but through the late 1800's and early 1900's as the city grew the lines were raised or sunken. Today we're gonna take a look at the elevated section which has one Terminus in Downtown and the other in the commuter town of Kravinsk, a part of the city with a high Russian/eastern european background.

cCswHFv.png

And above, moving out of the gritty downtown and into the suburbs we can see October Bridge by Odd, one of my all time favourites. Along with his rail through building from the first photo.

2nmiYif.png

Pulling into Kravinsk. The town has the tallest building outside of the city downtown, a nice funky res tower. We can also see the Kravinsk ground rail. Its this terminus that makes the bottom point of the V.

TvSndFJ.png

Anyhow I never said it was a big city! :P heres a larger overview of Southlands, It's sort of the Braddon, Toorak, Northsbridge or Newtown of liverpool (Throwing in some nice Australian references. I'll give you a star for naming the cities those suburbs belong to!).

g8ZFvuk.png

Southern elevation of Southlands, peeking through Downtown.

Quu1BvE.png

Anyway here is the waterfront, as promised last update. It was constructed in 1893 as a man made harbour. Liverpool is about 10km from the coastline and it was the largest engineering feat in the country at the time to carve out and pathe a suitable cargo canal to the city. Nowadays the dock has been scaled back to be just an extra form of public transport and intracity delivery mechanism. The city's most prestigious suburbs are between the canal and rail line, as they feature stunning gardens, historic official buildings and long tree lined boulevards.

a2Mj0vU.png

Again

2aRLpwp.png

Some of the last remaining Metro industry resides at the convergence of city and suburb.

Iboj4QK.png

And to end the update, a country scene.

Thanks for viewing and don't forget to leave your opinion!

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice city! The composition is really nice and it has great character to it, good work. Just the country scene could have used a bit more work, it's pretty empty...

Share this comment

Nice city! The composition is really nice and it has great character to it, good work. Just the country scene could have used a bit more work, it's pretty empty...

Yeah Cheers, my main focus had been the downtown and the church kinda got forgotten. I put it in more as a little progress thing and to sort tie me into finishing it :p

Share this comment

Yeah Cheers, my main focus had been the downtown and the church kinda got forgotten. I put it in more as a little progress thing and to sort tie me into finishing it :P

Good going, I'm looking forward to it. :D

Share this comment