• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

I'm on the road again! A ride on the highway.

timmie

Answers

Thanks, RepublicMaster, it was a lot of work building my capital city, I'm happy to see people like it :)

feeroz123, thanks for the compliment!

TekindusT, yes, I love that font (Bariol) too, it's elegant, but simple and very readable.

Thanks, Benedict! It's only the second map I ever made, but I think it came out rather well :)

SC4L0ver, the font is Bariol. It is a free font that can be downloaded on www.bariol.com

Start the engine!

We're going to take a ride on the highway today, to be precise: the A2, the most important highway of the country, linking the capital Bunden with the heavily populated coastal area in the north-west. On the way, we'll pass several little villages and a lot of mountains! There will take a closer look at five places along the highway.

5u4q.jpg

9llc.png

We enter the A1 in the suburb Rood and immediately take direction 'A2 - Oerde - Esse - Taarn' on the interchange.

kn14.png

pvv7.png

7eer.png

Our second stop brings us to the city of Hemelgem, a city of 33.000 inhabitants with a very charming city center.

w5p0.jpg

1xn8.png

The third stop is completely different. No charming wall-to-wall houses here, no shopping, no trains. Only quiet towns and farms in the mountains. This is Ekdorp, 3000 inhabitants.

wvfo.jpg

yaqn.jpg

kv1t.png

The fourth stop bring us to Vlandonië, a small town caught between highway and mountain. Most inhabitants travel via the highway to the nearby city of Esse to work.

r88o.jpg

wf18.png

We have arrived at the North-West coast. A very large part of the population of Vloesem lives here, many firms also have their headquarters or factories here. This is Esse, a city with 64.000 inhabitants. A tram system makes transportation easier and a train line has recently been constructed (next to the highway to save costs).

kin4.jpg

q4qe.jpg

iejx.jpg

Don't forget to leave a comment or a +1 if you enjoyed this update :)

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Very nice. I recommend tha you use some fractional angle pieces for some of the curves, such as the S-Curve which is the 3rd pic under 3. Just some advice :)

Share this comment

Top dollar pics

You may say top € pics! ;)

I love the first spagetti interchange, it is a bit of variation of the ones I have shown on the "Show us your interchanges" thread, but it looks even better! Well, I like everything.

Share this comment