• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Umm Suqeim: Fishermen Harbour

elavery

dhahran_banner.jpg

Umm Suqeim is a largely residential neighbourhood which borders Jumeirah. The waterfront district of Umm Suqeim features much less development than Jumeirah, but one project is the Umm Suqeim Fishermen Harbour. Unfortunately the credit crisis which has hit Dhahran bad, has halted construction on this project. In this mosaic below you can see that the harbour has been developed but the rest of the man-made peninsula awaits residential development.

jumeirah_mosaic_17.jpg

Whilst housing some luxury yachts, this harbour project is also intended for use by the traditional fishermen - a nod to the traditional fish and pearl merchants who were once the backbone of the Emirate before oil.

Please join us next time as we continue our tour of the Umm Suqeim district.

[Authors note: Please accept my apologies for the inactivity of this CJ recently, I had to go to Nigeria for a couple of weeks because of work which put my sim city work behind schedule, I am currently busy working away on Dhahran, but just doing some rather uninteresting suburban and industrial sprawl at the moment.]

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

[color=#ff00cc][b]Great update and good to see you about and posting when you can.[/b][/color]

[color=#ff00cc][b]The man made island shape reminded me of something similar I did awhile ago and I must get back to it and finish it off.[/b][/color]

[color=#ff00cc][b]Thanks for the inspiration and I look forward to seeing more updates.[/b][/color]

[color=#ff00cc][b]Stay safe while you travel![/b][/color]

Share this comment

Thank you all for your comments. I was in Nigeria directing a course for classical musicians - I am a professional musician by trade.

Share this comment