City Of Angeles

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Boyle Heights - East Los Angeles

Sign in to follow this  
TheOlympics

East Los Angeles is an

unincorporated area and census-designated place (CDP) in Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is located immediately east of the Boyle Heights district of the City of Los Angeles, which is the eastern edge of the City in this area; hence the name "East L.A." East L.A. is well known as a major hub of Hispanic (especially Mexican) population and culture in the region.

Boyle Heights is a neighborhood east of

Downtown Los Angeles on the East Side of Los Angeles. For much of the twentieth century, Boyle Heights was a gateway for new immigrants. This resulted in diverse demographics, including Jewish American, Japanese Americanand Mexican American populations, as well as Russian American and Yugoslav populations. Today, the neighborhood is populated mostly by working classLatinos.

1.jpg

Intro.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

145.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

225.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

26-1.jpg

27.jpg

25-1.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

385.jpg

386.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

465.jpg

467.jpg

468.jpg

469.jpg

4610.jpg

45-1.jpg

49.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

48.jpg

47.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

26 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow that looks so awesome. You've obviously put in heaps of hard work especially with the finer details. Well done.

Share this comment

Wow! :O Your CJ has a great look and feel to it. Very loyal and true to the real city...
I loved in particular the industrial zone and it's many rail spurs; The variety of houses (execpt for that concrete house that kept popping every 50 yds hehe) and the large amount of vehicles running around. Truly a CJ to bow your hat down for!
I have only one question before I end this: Are those houses BATs next to the radio tower (at pic no. 3) come in a cluster? I just wondered about them for a while...
Anyway, great job! ;)

Share this comment

nice city...I don't even know how you did some of the things you did but I guess if I keep at it I will.....I like the highways.... where they go all diferent directions, to me that was cool. I also like the grafitti on the place by the residential.... realistic.....nice job!!!!!

Share this comment

You continue to IMPRESS!!! That school building with the graffiti is great! And the powerlines, flora, wow, keep it up!

Share this comment

not bad good job. found quite a few glitches in your roads that you should go back and fix especially in the roundabout

Share this comment

nice! I have a grandmother who lives in the boyle heights community there! that area has so much history I like how you included hollenbeck park, and the cemeterys.

Share this comment

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Not only did you perfectly capture the feel of the area but you've recreated a diverse and complex urban community in-game...that's no easy task. I especially liked how your pictures span the course of the day, that was a nice little touch that really adds to the feel of the neighbourhood. Again, great job!

Share this comment

Nice job! I like the realisim in this CJ, but i agree with burnzie_16 and some of your textures were too bright and didn't fit in. Overall, it was awesome! 4/5 :D

Share this comment