• Views

Theater District

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

National-CapitalRegion-Banner-SMALL.jpg

District9Header.jpg

East Tenne: Theater District

In the ninth arrondissement, located north of the Wirdle River in the heart of the city, a magnificent gift from the Supreme Wirdle to the people of the capital serves as the focal point and as a dazzling example of the grandiose Capital Style architecture which dominates the expansive new capital. The National Theater presides over the district and is the home of the National Symphony, National Orchestra, and the National Ballet. Of course, many more fine arts are located here as well. We will explore this district over several chapters; but today, we will focus on the theater itself. Designed by Charles Garnier-Nutrisse in the opulent Capital Style, this magnificent structure is the largest dedicated arts facility in the nation.

1x913.jpg

Sitting in its context, the grand theater provides a stunning focal point for the district

T2.jpg

T25.jpg

1x914.jpg

The theater is topped with a large dome at the top and two at the sides. Gilded statues abound.

1x904.jpg

T4.jpg

The gilded statues were paid for by the Supreme Wirdle and designed by Henri Poisson-Frite

T3.jpg

The back of the theater abuts a bustling arts district, with many fine galleries and workshops

T9.jpg

Some of these galleries and performance venues are along Rue Andrew Lloyd Webber, which runs alongside the theater. Anyone know why the road has such a name?

T10.jpg

Rue Andrew Lloyd Webber has a most unusual shape for a road in Schulmania – or anywhere, for that matter!

T13.jpg

There is a lot more to the district than the theater. We will explore more of it in additional chapters.

T11.jpg

Are you ready to go inside?

1x912.jpg

The interior is just as sumptuous as the exterior

1x901.jpg

Ready to take your seat?

T14.jpg

After the performance, we can stroll over to the park and enjoy the outdoors. Perhaps we will notice that the district makes use of every single released Parisian diagonal BAT.

T15.jpg

There are two performances under the massive green dome today: a matinee performance of the National Ballet and an evening orchestral performance.

art02.jpg

art01.jpg

Which will you select?

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

16 Comments

Recommended Comments

Looks european like: Paris , Lyon , Munich , Berlin , Brussel , London , Bath , Glasgow , Barcelona , Valencia , Madrid , Lisboa , Gijon , Marseille , Amsterdam , Utrecht , Prague , Veinna , Zurich , Geneve , Rome , Milaan , Bern , Luxembourg , Krakow , Kopenhague , Oslo.

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Ggagmus[/b] Thanks! I enjoyed making it.

[b]Hazani Pratama[/b] Thanks! I agree, that’s why I dedicated it as the centerpiece of the district and designed the whole thing around it.

[b]Benedict[/b] Thanks! I am glad you like it and there is more to come!

[b]K50[/b] Thanks! I am delighted to hear that.

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] You know there’s plenty of fine dining. There’s a Port Matthew seafood place nearby. Wanna go?

[b]Alfanmuqafi23[/b] You bet! No caterwauling here!

[b]MilitantRadical[/b] Thanks! Using the fake capital area has allowed me to expand in a way I have not been able to do otherwise up to this point.

[b]Supercitys354262[/b] Thanks! I want a Euro capital look to the place, with a Schulmania twist. Glad you feel I hit that.

[b]City89[/b] It’s the Opera Garnier from the LEX: [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2785"]http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2785[/url]. It is a true delight.

[b]Daybreak[/b] Thanks! See above for the link.

[b]Efkin[/b] Sure thing! See above.

[b]Urban Constanta[/b] Thanks!

[b]Bluthlucidity[/b] Thanks! Glad you saw that one!

[right][Volume 3 Update #273][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/img]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Emperordaniel [/b]Certainly! There's a matinee performance at 3 PM and an evening performance at 8. Your ticket is valid for either one. Enjoy!

[Volume 3 Update #273.1]
Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.

Share this comment