• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Sensational Six #148

Sign in to follow this  
NMUSpidey

Karishouse.jpg

Kari's house, Friday evening after school...

Kari-5.jpg Kari: Do you seriously make Ayumi drive you around everywhere?

Kari laughed as Ayumi and Nina got out of Ayumi's dark gray A4 in front of Kari's house.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: Where is Kana? No Kana today?

Momo looked at the unopening back door of the car in disappointment.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Nope, sorry, Momo. They've got her working like, mega hours over at Ribbie's.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: I'm not liking the working.

Momo pouted. She had grown quite fond of the girl, and went out of her way to talk to Kana at school. She loved hearing her call everyone “Sempai.” It reminded her of home.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: She doesn't like it, either. But apparently she needs the money sincer her parents cut her off.

Erisa-4-1.jpg Erisa: Man, everyone's parents are getting stricter.

There had been an incident with Kyosuke in her room with the door closed three weeks prior that she was still fuming over.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: I still can't believe my dad sold my car!

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: You couldn't drive it, you're moving away in a little while, and he did give you some of the money from the sale.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Jeez, Ayumi, whose side are you on, anyways?

Kari-5.jpg Kari: Hehe, bite the hand that drives you much?

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: *shrugs* Well, if it wasn't for Nina, I'd have no friends at all. I'm happy to drive her around. It's nice to be needed.

Erisa-4-1.jpg Erisa: That's certainly one way to look at it.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Enough about this.

Nina and Ayumi settled themselves on the lawn in front of Kari's house with their friends. It had become a Friday ritual: get together at Kari's after school, then go to either Ribbie's or Ayumi's parents' sushi restaurant for dinner with some light shenanigans following. That mid-May evening was warm and humid and the sun shone dully through the hazy sky. Occasionally Dan-O, Taro, and Kyosuke joined them, but they all had sports related activities to attend to. So, it was ladies' night.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Marley and Tory broke up or whatever, but I think they're really up to something. Did any of you hear anything about this?

Kari-5.jpgMomo-6.jpgErisa-4-1.jpg *silent stares*

Nina-7.jpg Nina: No one? Nothing?

Momo-6.jpg Momo: I have class with Tory, he was like the everyday thing, I think.

Tory was easy for Momo to remember, but she always had a hard time picturing Marley.

Kari-5.jpg Kari: I haven't heard anything either, but chances are if Ayumi hasn't heard anything, none of us would have. She's our best-connected friend.

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: No, not anymore. I'm with Nina and you guys all the time, I don't get the constant stream of the information I used to get. Swim Team is much different from Cheer Team.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: I just don't get it. He asked me to prom with her right there watching, and was all nice and polite about it. Marley basically called me paranoid and told me not to worry about it. But she knows me! She knows I'm a drama queen and I won't be able to let it go!

Erisa-4-1.jpg Erisa: Maybe you should do something unexpected and just let it go. You said you think she wants you to make this a big deal. So you could just ignore it.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Yeah, I said that to Ayumi in the car.

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: On the other hand, Nina and Marley have been on fairly good terms since the New Year, and I think it is a safe assumption that this doesn't have anything to do with Nina, or us for that matter. So, Nina plays along, maintains the good-ish relations with Marley, and nothing bad happens. I don't think this is a terribly risky path to pursue, and I really am intensely curious to find out what's going on.

Erisa-4-1.jpg Erisa: *skeptically* You really think we can trust Marley?

Nina-7.jpg Nina: *suddenly unsure* She told us nothing's going on between us. Definitely, something's up, though.

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: I think there's still some trouble between her and Tsukino, or even Pamela, or even Bryn. I don't think that thing with Chrystal was resolved before the attack...

Nina-7.jpg Nina: But why involve me? I don't want anything to do with it!

Kari-5.jpg Kari: Who better to start rumors than the school's biggest drama queen and her ex-cheerleader bff?

Erisa-4-1.jpg Erisa: That is an excellent point. Hahaha, I changed my mind, you're already doing it now anyways, time to go with the flow!

Nina-7.jpg Nina: You're like, so supportive, 'Ris, thanks.

Erisa-4-1.jpg Erisa: Anything for you, Nina!

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Let's keep our eyes and ears open anyways.

MPHS2.jpg

Mt. Plains High School, home of the Foresters...

Tsukino-2.jpg Tsukino: You tell your skanky girlfriend to stop spreading rumors about me!

Nina, Ayumi, and Momo looked over to see Tsukino confronting Tory up the hallway a little bit. Despite the noise their voices could be heard very clearly above it all. Teachers tended to let the students sort their differences out without mediation (of course stepping in when confrontations took on a more physical atmosphere), so even though they were whom Nina's eyes sought out initially, no authority figure was present. Thus, Tsukino squared off with Tory.

Tory-3.jpg Tory: Huh? Who the [expletive] are you, rollin' up on me like this? *turns to go*

Tsukino-2.jpg Tsukino: Listen, [expletive], I know that skank Marley's been talking [expletive] about me! You better get her to shut her whore mouth!

Tory's face suddenly took on a very calm, almost smug, look. He smiled at her with mocking kindness.

Tory-3.jpg Tory: I don't know how you expect me to do that. You keep yelling at me like she's my girlfriend or something.

Tsukino-2.jpg Tsukino: She is your girlfriend or something.

Tory-3.jpg Tory: Huh? You didn't hear? We're not talking. You'd think that a popular, hot-ass cheer girl would know these things.

Tsukino-2.jpg Tsukino: What? Of course I- What? You broke up? The top couple in school splits and I hear nothing?? WTF!!

Tory-3.jpg Tory: I even asked Nina to prom. The school's biggest drama princess, and you hear nothing?

Tsukino-2.jpg Tsukino: You're taking Nina to prom?

Tory-3.jpg Tory: Find that [expletive] out on your own, [expletive].

Tsukino was too stunned to react and let Tory saunter off triumphantly. She looked angrily off into space for a moment, then swept her eyes across the crowded hallway. She spotted Nina in the midst or an animated (but fake) conversation with Ayumi and Momo, seemingly oblivious to her confrontation with Tory, and her eyes narrowed hatefully. She stormed past them wordlessly, the hallway clearing miraculously ahead of her.

They watched her round the corner and then burst into giggles at the scene.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Seriously? Did we seriously like, just witness that?

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: Curiouser and curiouser. You are right, Marley is without a doubt up to something.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: I do not like that girl *meaning Tsukino*. Did Marley make Tory ask you to prom just that she is angry?

Nina-7.jpg Nina: It would be a stupid, roundabout way to go about it. All you have to do to make Tsukino mad is look at her funny.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: Like this?

Momo twisted her face about in a way that resembled an oni. Ayumi didn't bother suppressing her amused giggle, but Nina (fighting her smile the whole way) sighed and rolled her eyes while Ayumi's giggles grew to laughter at each new face Momo made.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: Like this? Like this?

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Well, not exactly, but I'm sure that would work, too.

Ayumi gave Momo a playful shove to get her to stop making faces and her voice took on her more customary aloof tone as she turned the conversation serious once again.

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: It doesn't make any sense, though. Marley's relationship with Tory had nothing to do with Tsukino. But she sounded mad about Marley spreading rumors about her. Although, she hasn't said anything that isn't true, from what we've heard...

Nina-7.jpg Nina: What do you mean?

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: Oh, just the usual Tsukino is a liar blah blah blah. Like I said, nothing untrue, but I can see how it would wound her fragile ego.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: *uncharacteristically disgusted* That girl is always crazy, I don't know why is she so popular girl. She is even the year under us, but enters the seniors in-crowd. Is so strange, and no good I think.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: I think she's like, willing to do more with the boys than me and Kari were. I don't know how you managed to stay pure while staying in the in-crowd, Ayumi.

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: Eh, I pretended not to notice Noble cheat on me the whole time.

It had been relatively easy for her to trade chastity for infidelity and honestly had had no problems with it as it let her remain at the school's top social rung.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: *loudly* Tsukino must have the disease from touching so many boys!

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Jeez, Momo! At least this time it's totally not me getting drama all worked up!

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: You really let Marley get into your head with that, didn't you?

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Everyone was thinking that anyways...

Momo-6.jpg Momo: Yes, me too. But I love you and it's a fun.

Kenji1.jpg Kenji: Llllladies.

Kenji was a tall, athletic football player who was known for his prowess with the Lady Foresters and his dashing good looks. He appeared in front of them almost out of thin air to lean against the locker and smile at them playfully.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Ah! Kenji, geez! I told you like a zillion times, there is just no way I'm going to prom with you!

Kenji1.jpg Kenji: Hahahaha, Nina, Nina, Nina. I just wanted to apologize for being so pushy all last month. I guess honestly if a guy gets turned down ten or twelve times a guy should take a hint, right?

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: What did you say?! Did you just apologize?!

Kenji1.jpg Kenji: Yeah, it was completely uncool, so here I am with a sincere apology.

Kenji shrugged and smiled in comfortable resignation.

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Did Marley put you up to this? Did she make you do this? Where is she? What's in it for you?

Kenji1.jpg Kenji: Hahaha, you must be the single most doubt-filled girl in school! Anyways, I'm a big boy, I can handle it. I'll see you beautiful girls later!

And before any of them could react he turned and disappeared, leaving only his dashing smile imprinted on their minds.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: Everyone is become crazy! This school is become upside-down!

Nina-7.jpg Nina: What is Marley doing?

Nina asked rhetorically, for none of them had the slightest clue.

Ayumi-2_zpsefaa1c12.jpg Ayumi: I think it's not just her but Tory, too. This has to be a team effort.

Momo-6.jpg Momo: I know that Marley does not like Tsukino, but the Kenji and Tory, it makes a difficult puzzle. Is so fun!

Nina-7.jpg Nina: Hehe, fun, right, Momo. Well, we gotta get moving Momo's gonna be late for work!

Momo-6.jpg Momo: Ah! I love my job! I cannot be late!

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oh wow! My popularity has doubled this issue!

Schulmanator: Hahaha, yeah, I totally had you in mind when I thought up the Kenji character. I couldn't find a good enough picture of you to put up, so that dude is there now instead!

SimCoug: I love sushi, but it's expensive even here so I don't get to eat it that often. But if you're looking for Ayumi's parents' restaurant, it's in the northwest end of Mt. Plains, and it's pretty popular with the locals. Bring lots of money, though, 'cuz it ain't cheap. Unless, you know, you're the owners' daughter.

Share this comment

Benedict: I made a conscious effort since starting this region years and years ago to add more green spaces when I tinker with some of the finished cities. I like the trees a lot!

Share this comment