• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 3- Cities of Portal and Whale

Sign in to follow this  
coolwiththecool2

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE "BIG STORM UPDATE": So all I wanna' say is that it's going to be in about 3-4 updates, as for I am working with another CJ (possibly 2) for something....And also this might not be my best update so I won't be surprised if this gets a 3 or 4 rating...

Replies (And don't forget to check out the table of contents to the right!):

westy177: What exactly do you mean by "go up"?

Kruness: Thanks!

IL.- Thanks!

jack3oh3: Thanks! And yeah, I was thinking someone was going to say that

garucktroll: Thank You!

City of Portal: Population 10,233

orqOI.jpg

Now I know this isn't the best city I've made, but...it's supposed to have a lot of commercial, its the only port in Portland. Anyway, Portal is a "commercial port city" across the mouth of the Dejay River. Portal was ranked the biggest self-sustaining city that isn't a core-city of a metropolitan area.

XuLlg.jpg

This is the football stadium for the Portland Hyenas, Portland's secondary football team, like how Los Angeles's secondary football team is the Clippers. Portland's main football team, the Portland Rapids (named after the metro's population growth) used to play here, but as Portal started losing population, they moved to the Nissan Stadium in Downtown Portland. The Hyena's moved here as the team was craving for a stadium with more seats and since Portal is now growing faster than Portland itself.

asFXt.jpg

This is Foothills Middle School, which serves grades 6-8 and has an enrollment of 836. FMS is known as the nations highest scoring middle/junior high school. In the 2011-2012 school year, FMS 8th Grades scored an average of 901/1010 on the National Standards Assessment But FMS is also subject to overcrowding due to massive population growth. The average class size has went from 19 to 35 in just 7 years.

City of Whale: Population 11,983

Y4JqM.jpg

Now...this also isn't the best city I've made but, it's the same as Portal so....yeah. Anyway, Whale's population grew by nearly 911% in 10 years, but it is now only growing at 4.3% as there is hardly any room to develop. Whale is also the only of 3 cities in the PMA to have lower-class low density housing.

kFf9S.jpg

This is the city center, which employs 32% of city residents, the other 68% works in either West Whale, Portal, or Portland. The city center use to have traffic jams, but then massive job growth in Portland led to people working outside of both Whale and Portal. Whale also houses the other side of the world's longest "Raised Avenue" bridge.

0qWzl.jpg

This is the common lower-class neighborhood in Whale, as you could see it's pretty nice compared to whats out there in other parts of the world. This neighborhood surprisingly has the 3rd lowest crime rate in the PMA and the highest quality-of-life rating for any city in the nation below 25,000 people.

2nd Teaser, 2 more left! And view in full res., especially for the 1st pic!

7lYE0.jpg

dgPsv.jpg

AQKuh.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments