• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 71 - 9/26/12 - PENELOPE POINT: Riverside Suburb

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 71 - PENELOPE POINT: Riverside Suburb

More images from the Village of Penelope Point along the Penelope River.

0171092612.jpg

0271092612.jpg

0371092612.jpg

0471092612.jpg

0571092612.jpg

I-255, I think I might work on I-255 the rest of the week...figuring out how to work it through Downtown Martin.

0671092612.jpg

0771092612.jpg

0871092612.jpg

0971092612.jpg

1071092612.jpg

South Villanova Circle.

1171092612.jpg

1271092612.jpg

1371092612.jpg

1471092612.jpg

1571092612.jpg

1671092612.jpg

1771092612.jpg

I had one more mosaic that I created for this area, but it technically falls in the category of South Martin and Martin, so I decided to save it for a future update. Not sure where I will go for the next update - North to Commonwealth Field or West towards Cedarwood Creek Parkway. I'm just really excited right now about filling in these gaps in my city...and I keep seeing all the empty waste on the north side of Martin that needs to be developed. Always stuff to do!

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oops, now I see that the Onaway Park pic was supposed to be part of that last mosaic...o well, now it feels like a comic book, haha.

Share this comment

[quote name='grstudios' timestamp='1348653453']
Looks awesome as always... :)
[/quote]

[size="4"]Thank you. I feel I'm hitting a little bit of a stride right now. Things seem to be coming together a little more. I am forcing myself to "COMPLETE" areas instead of half-finishing everything.[/size]

[quote name='westy177' timestamp='1348662309']
Awesome packersfan i love youre coastlines look epic
[/quote]

[size="4"]I've always had difficulties with coastlines. I love to use embankments, but sometimes I just want a natural look. I'm not sure the rocks are entirely natural, but they seem to be doing the job.[/size]

[quote name='ggamgus' timestamp='1348663660']
*Approaches Penelope Point on a boat*

Beautiful city... :O
[/quote]

[size="4"]Thank you. This region is becoming what I've always wanted to do. I've always wanted a region I could work on for a long long time, but it seemed I always lost a region to harddrive failure or just given up. This region has been plugging along for two years and is getting to the point where I can realistically start delving into sprawling suburbs. The key is making a big enough grid city, ha.[/size]

[quote name='urbanconstanta' timestamp='1348673477']
gorgeous suburb, love it
[/quote]

[size="4"]Everything seems to grow a little more quickly when working on the suburbs because I line the residential areas with tree lots that make sims VERY happy.[/size]

[quote name='hammysonata' timestamp='1348705707']
Nice work! I like how the path leads from Odana to Somerset St.
[/quote]

[size="4"]Thanks, it always bugs me how lots have these paths leading to...nowhere...and since I am not able to re-lot...I have to figure out other ways to make the transition a little less abrupt.

For anyone interested, I've uploaded a few more sections to the [url="http://mjwenzel.netne.net/streetmap.html"]District of Wenzel Street Map[/url]. The new work is on the northside of Martin including Bayside, Whitefish Bay, Martin Municipal Airport (work in progress), and all of I-55 on the northside. I'm also trying to figure out a way to convey large elevation changes in my map. I'd hate for Pioneer Mountain to just be a word over a giant blank area. Maybe a contour line map will ease the pain, haha.[/size]

Share this comment