• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00477

Sign in to follow this  
spursrule14

:party:

I am pleased to announce that at the time of this entry, both Alien Worlds and Alien Worlds 2 have now each surpassed 1000 views per entry (1016 and 1138 to be exact!). Thank you all for the continued views!

-spursrule14

NMUSpidey

no, you're not a follower...your writing skills are top-notch!!

Tekindus

thanks!!! i try to make each update at least as good as the one before it ;)

SimCoug

yes, who would have thought?!! i got a crazy idea about what i wanted to do with alien worlds 2 and i'm pleased to say it can be done!

emperordaniel

thanks! it would be fun to have people guess the soundtrack each time! and so far you're figuring it out! haha

IL, mattbuildsbuildings1234

it's all about the story and where they are on their journey...if the story calls for those things you mentioned then we shall see them!

Wiecher

haha good, i'm glad you can't wait to see the rest!! lucky me cause i already know the rest of the story...but then i'm making it haha! p.s. sorry if the audio was hard to hear...i try to make sure everything is as clear as possible so i apologize if the voice-over on the last one may have been mixed too low

Schulmanator, Hazani Pratama, Mastof, Benedict

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE ABYSS

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00477

EARTH DATE: JULY 17, 2084

MISSION DATE: DAY 3906

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE

https://vimeo.com/74859488

"I have good news, and not so good news. We've compared many of these stars to those in our database, but no matches were found. The closest one to us would take only about three months to reach, but the Hubble is unable to make the flight, for now. The damaged solar energy intakes are regenerating the wormhole at an incredibly slow rate, and we don't have the materials to repair the intakes. We estimate it will take up to a year for the wormhole drives to recharge enough for us to make the jump. But there is another option.

There is another ship onboard, located deep in the belly of this one. It's considerably smaller, but larger than a HEX. We call it the Hubble 2. It has room for a small crew, and is capable of making the jump. But because of its size, many of us would be staying behind.

We could use the year we will be stuck here in this abyss to send a scout ahead of us, and determine where there is something for us. That way we won't waste what may be the only jump we get travelling to somewhere no different than our current situation...

Ten of my officers and I spent almost a whole day in the conference room discussing how to make this happen, and the risks involved. The chlorella generator onboard the Hubble has enough power to continue feeding the crew for at least another ten years. Most everything else on the ship is still intact. The Hubble 2 has an adequate supply of food as well. The mission of the Hubble 2 will be to scout for potential habitable worlds, clues to Earth or Naaswa's location, and anything else of interest. The crew will take the orb with them as well. It still isn't functioning...we can't decipher its technology. But in case it decides to wake up, they may need it where they're going...and for what, time will tell. The decision to split up on this search, after all these years, is not an easy one, but one that may save us. Now there is only one thing left to decide. Do I stay here...or do I go with them.

You may remember a young boy I spoke of years ago...we celebrated his 16th birthday on the surface of Alnitak 2-NS6. He is now a young man of 20, and has shown great leadership among his peers. I trust him, and I'm putting him in charge of our people."

-Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble

DON'T FORGET TO RATE & COMMENT! REPLIES WITH NEXT UPDATE..

CLICK TO VIEW IMAGES FULL-SIZE

NEED TO CATCH UP ON THE STORY? PLEASE VISIT

ALIEN WORLDS

The sequel to the 2011 Best Sci-Fi CJ

aw2sigsmall.png

NOW SHOWING AT A SIMTROPOLIS NEAR YOU

----------------------------------------------------------

A City in Winter|Alien [|] Worlds|Alien [||] Worlds 2|Arrowhead|Best of the Best! - Weekly Edition (U VOTE!)|Dreams..

Sign in to follow this  

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

Great work! The pan and zoom from the exterior spaceship pic to the interior was well done. The sound levels were much better, the music was low enough to hear the voice over very clearly.

If I may offer one suggestion (and please, take it with a grain of salt, because you obviously know what you are doing) would be to reduce the length of some of your pauses... I think they are excellent for dramatic effect, but folks may lose interest if it drags on for too long (especially with a black screen).

BTW, that is great music... I can't name it either, but it sets the mood perfectly for this update. Looking forward to the next installment.

Share this comment

You are much too kind! I am greatly impressed by your story. It's pretty amazing the way you've constructed this series of entries. Do we get any credits as to who does the voice and how you made the interior shots? The work is, like I said, amazing.

Share this comment