Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Pine Hill Miscellany

blunder

zROF%20HEAD.jpg?psid=1

25. Pine Hill Miscellany

Welcome back for another update everyone! Today we take a look at rest of the Pine Hill Tile.

1. entering Pine Hill from the Scott Bluff tile:

30%20entering.jpg?psid=1

2. The ridgelines here make a good location for wind energy. These cohabitate with some farms.

54%20windmill%20farms.jpg?psid=1

3. Heading northeast on the highway, we can see over the edge. Yup, it's still a long ways down.

31%20drop.jpg?psid=1

4. We come to our first little community, named Clifton.

32%20first%20overlook.jpg?psid=1

5. Cliffside view of Clifton

325%20first%20other.jpg?psid=1

6. the houses are precariously close to the edge...

33%20edge1.jpg?psid=1

7. but they sure do have a view.

34%20edge2.jpg?psid=1

8. more.

345%20edge3.jpg?psid=1

9. Clifton also has a taco time.

55%20tacos.jpg?psid=1

10. and some random shrubbery.

56%20shrubs.jpg?psid=1

11. The interior of the tile features more farms.

52%20farms.jpg?psid=1

12. Playing with some VIP stuff, kayakers taking a trip on the lake.

(Be sure to look at this one at full res; right click>view image. That's max zoom folks. The advancement in his res MMPs in the past 6 months has been unreal...)

49%20kayaks%20max%20zoom.jpg?psid=1

13. And finally 3 guys fishing. I know they're really hard to see.

51%20fishermen.jpg?psid=1

14. Our last shot is an overview of the tile.

51%20over.jpg?psid=1

And that does it for the Pine Hill tile. I was planning on doing the next tile north, but thanks to a recent lack of motivation I need to mix it up. So I've decided to skip across the map for the next project. It's still in development and is going to be a long one, so next week might be just a short update. Thanks for stopping by everyone! If you feel like it go ahead and rate/+1. Comments are also always appreciated.

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

@emperordaniel, JGellock, NMUSpidey, Gugu3, maskedbandit101, abracadabraz85, bluthlucidity, Khrystof, Megabuilder6, riccan; Thank you all very much for your kind words. :D

@LarsvanR: The pad with the orange planes is part of the AC functional airports project from SC4D. If you use it be SURE to read the documentation first. The smaller planes on the water are part of the Pond Air series available at simpeg.

@riccan; Yeah probably. :P For that update, the houses are by Mattb325 and simgoober, the marina stuff is from simpeg, and most of the flora is from giraffe and the VIP team as well as nbvc and murimk.

Gugu3, csxt602, Waterclaw and 1 other like this

6 Comments

i live in the midwest and i've never seen circular fields like what was in this update...but they still looked good

Share this comment

@evanm: its a center pivot irrigated field. They're very common in some areas of eastern washington, like [b][url="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.101447,-119.492111&spn=0.35429,0.617294&t=h&z=11"]around George, WA and Moses Lake, WA[/url][/b]. :P

Share this comment