• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Fremont District

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panthersimcity4

Hey, so I've decided to come back to Simcity after a couple-month long hiatus. I've just gotten caught up in RL schoolwork and other games that I haven't found time for Simcity. I'm also considering getting Cities XL 2012 (which I was originally planning on getting last year but then a different game came out and I decided to get the other one instead :P )

So, anyways, it's kinda hard to get back into the groove of things since I haven't used GIMP in a while. But anyways... today looks like it will be quite rainy in San Lorenzo. Spring isn't exactly known for it's good weather in this part of New Loreto.

The Fremont District is a neighborhood northeast of downtown San Lorenzo. (At the bottom of the pic below) It is considered one of the more culturally significant neighborhoods of the city, due to its multicultural diversity.

overview1u.jpg

The main thoroughfare in the district is Gardenvale Avenue.

districtf.jpg

On this avenue you will find a dense population of Vietnamese and Cambodian businesses. In particular, Vietnamese Pho soup is very popular.

vietnamesed.jpg

Also along Gardenvale Avenue is the small Greek community, with their own Orthodox church.

greeky.jpg

A bit north of the avenue is a large Russian community. So large, in fact, that on the corners of Johnson & Garden Streets is a massive Russian orthodox cathedral. The cathedral is considered one of the city's prettiest buildings.

russian2f.jpg

There is also suggested to be a Russian mafia presence around the area. But regardless, it is a great place to try some Russian and Eastern European food.

russianh.jpg

And here's some more random pics around the area.

nhood2.jpg

nhood7.jpg

nhood3.jpg

nhood5.jpg

nhood6.jpg

nhood4.jpg

Thanks for reading! :thumb: This update was sponsored by:

signkt.jpg

Eclipticalstorm likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Nice! I like the highway running under part of the city. You may want to centre the text in between pictures, I think it would look a little more streamlined and easier to read.

Share this comment

Love the hills. It's so hard to find buildings that work on a slope together, but this looks very good. I love the underground highway too, I'm working on something like that in my own city.

Share this comment