• Views

Merchant Plaza

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spursrule14

aciwbanner.png

REPLIES

Tekindus

yes i agree, but where maxis has failed, photoshop has succeeded!

emperordaniel, 10000000000000, escilnavia, Schulmanator, NMUSpidey

thanks to all of you!!

acirtinwinterflag.png

A CITY IN WINTER

MERCHANT PLAZA

Perhaps no other place in the city can boast of the history that Merchant Plaza does. The diagonal stone-paved walkway was the first street in the city. Many people traveled it as they bought from German merchants and their tiny shops lining the street. Merchant Plaza also witnessed the iconic Yager & Hayle Tower go up in their place. That was right before the Depression, which the growing city fought better than most, but still left many people without work and hope. When the Depression was over and the American economy recovered, Merchant Plaza witnessed countless businessmen who would leave work in the afternoon at the Yager & Hayle and walk straight across the street to the Winter Club building to play card games, instead of going straight home to their families. Perhaps the need to visit the Winter Club was a bad habit they could not shake from the Prohibition days. Today, however, Merchant Plaza is no longer a street, but a historic artery beginning at Prince Rupert's Gate and running south through the heart of Towne Centre to Tower of the Great North and the James S. Convention Center, renown for its hallways that "float" above the sunken Canadian Ave.

WARNING: LARGE IMAGES, MAY TAKE A BIT TO DOWNLOAD

please view full-size!

(view of Merchant Plaza; James S. Convention Center at upper left; looking south)

ACiWmerchantplaza2.jpg

(view of Merchant Plaza; Tower of the Great North at right; looking north)

ACiWmerchantplaza1.jpg

MORE TO COME...

1 person likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Wow... This stuff is mega-amazing. You should do an entry where you put the average temperatures for the city and other weather information. Since it is in Northern Canada, the weather in your city must be always below freezing. :D

Share this comment

Once again, beautiful images! How did you make that road in the bottom of the second image? Are there puzzle pieces available for it somewhere that I don't know about?

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-15661-week-8-22012-22612/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORIES [i][color="#0000FF"]JAW DROPPING, UNIQUE[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]

Share this comment