• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Prince's Valley regional airport

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evandad

Hello all,

Today is the moment you've all been waiting for! Today, we take a tour of the Prince's Valley regional airport, or PVR. PVR was first intended to be used as an airforce base back in the 50's, to support a squadron of F-104 interceptors. But, as the threat of soviet bombers flying over the Pacific ocean to get to North America diminished, so did the air traffic. To offset the rising cost of maintaining the base, the royal canadian air force decided to sell three quarters of the base for civilian use. That resulted in an airport which grew to be something like this...

svalleyairportapr261513.png

The main passenger terminal, built to handle mostly jets. Here, we serve the airlines Lufthansa, Westjet, Air Canada, American, US Airways Express, Air France, Transat, White Airways and TNT. As you can see, it is particularly busy in the summer vacation season. Development here is sparse, due to noise levels. That doesn't stop businesses looking for cash, though.

svalleyairportmar171513.png

svalleyairportdec514132.pngThe turboprop section of the terminal.

svalleyairportnov271413.png

The private terminal. Today, it is mostly occupied with visitors to the local logging convention.

svalleyairportmar261513.png

svalleyairportnov914132.png

Now, on to the military section. Here, we have the NorthStar maintenance services hangar, used to maintain C-130 Hercules transporters for the RCAF and coast guard. To the left is the only helipad at the airport, as well as the fire station.

svalleyairportnov161413.png

Fighter jet row, with F-104 starfighters.

svalleyairportnov211413.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

OOPS... sorry, forgot the replies section. Well, here it is.

REPLIES

usfighter15: I don't use anything from the LEX, due to login issues... man, they really need new software. The trees were made by pegasus, indeed!:D

Schulmanator: Thanks! It's an honor to have you here!
-Evandad :read:

Share this comment

PVR looks like a very well planned airport and I really like the rest of this CJ, keep going!
As for the LEX, I agree. I think they should put it to where you can download only 2 files a day if you aren't a member and logging in should be changed too.

Share this comment