• Comments
  • Views

Gated Community

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schulmanator

cjmastheadtr1.jpg

Middle Tenne: Gated Community

Welcome back to Elza, Middle Tenne’s gated community. There are actually 3 gates defending the city: Elza Gate, Dossett Gate and Tacora Gate. Elza, the largest gate, presides over the port. The port serves both military and commercial vessels. Tacora, the smallest gate, presides over the small private vessel port on the northwest side of town.

ELZA-port1.jpg

Elza’s largest gate defends the approach to Lake Meltonhill

ELZA-Gate2.jpg

Dossett Gate defends Meltonhill Naval Base and the regional police base. It houses 14 cannon and an armory holding thousands of weapons.

Elza-Gate5.jpg

See what looks like a chimney on the roof? It’s not. If Queensferry flies over, they will find out what we put there…

ELZA-Military3.jpg

There are several barracks quadrangles concentrated mostly on the southern end of town near the naval base and command center. Some officers choose to live in nearby off-base housing.

ELZA-MilitaryCommand1.jpg

The Military Command Post sits near Jackson Square in the heart of town. It serves as the headquarters for military operations in northwestern Schulmania. The III Corps 5th Division 111th Regiment (SNA) is based out of Elza, as is a permanent detachment of 8 vessels from RSN 1st Fleet II Squadron.

Emblem-111Regiment.jpg

The emblem of III corps 5th Division 111th Regiment, based out of Elza

Of course, there’s non-military staff around town as well. There’s a bustling commercial sector and Jackson Square is the site of many civic festivals and gatherings. As a matter of fact, Jackson Square is hosting a special event this very weekend!

ELZA-JacksonSquare2.jpg

Busscastle Chocolates is hosting a chocolate eating contest. The winner gets 100 boxes of chocolates, each with a gold schulmoneta attached to the lid. Not a bad deal!

ELZA-Business2.jpg

Across from the L&N is the big blue building, WirtMart, the first big box retailer in Schulmania. WirtMart specializes in selling Supreme Wirdle themed accessories, from shirts and hats to fisk polish and claw sharpeners.

ELZA-Business3.jpg

Alexander Guest House is one of the largest hotels in town. It serves a complimentary breakfast buffet to guests.

We can also examine the residential facilities in Elza. Despite the large military presence, there’s plenty of off-base housing and many civilians in the town as well. District government officials account for about a tenth of the civilian housing needs.

ELZA-residence1.jpg

Lieutenant Phillip de Purrton’s new townhouse is located here. They enjoy a nice oversize koi pond… with koi just waiting to be caught. Come hungry, leave happy!

ELZA-residence3.jpg

Off-base military housing is in close proximity to local schools

ELZA-residence4.jpg

Local inventor and quasi-celebrity Whitman Sampler used the royalties from his invention of the cross-stitched box to buy a suite atop the Schokoladen Building (Center)

ELZA-TacoraHillPark.jpg

Personally, I would not mind having a place by Tacora Hill Park. The sunny, verdant spot is great for catching a few rays… and perhaps a few birds!

ELZA-wide1.jpg

Can’t wait for more? Fear not… more Elza is coming up!

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

emperordaniel likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 Comments

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b] [/b]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b][color=blue]NMUSpidey[/color][/b] Indeed! Tenne is indeed the fabled land of milk and salmon foretold in feline myths!

[b][color=blue]Emperordaniel[/color][/b] Not necessarily. Though it is safe to say woe to the Queensferrianite who dares to fly by!

[b][color=blue]9988[/color][/b] [i]Dakujem![/i] Glad you liked this one.

[b][color=blue]Ggagmus[/color][/b] Hehehe… I know exactly from whence this word comes :D

[b][color=blue]City Builder 9111[/color][/b] Thanks! Glad you like it. And, welcome to Schulmania!

[b][color=blue]K50dude[/color][/b] Thanks! It’s a pretty nifty place, if I do say so myself.

[b][color=blue]HarryFlown[/color][/b] Thanks! And welcome to Schulmania!

[b][color=blue]Suomi2005[/color][/b] [i]Kiitos![/i] It’s a nice place and I am glad you enjoyed it too.

[b][color=blue]City Builder 9111[/color][/b] Thanks for returning. I regret that I cannot remember the name of the ship, but it is an 18[sup]th[/sup] century French vessel and can be downloaded from Toutsimcities.

[b][color=blue]Simsofthedark[/color][/b] Thanks for asking. And, welcome to Schulmania! Here’s the locations:

Volume 1: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/13642-schulmania/

Volume 2: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/24185

[center][center] [/center][/center]

[right][right] [/right][/right]
[right][right][Volume 3 Update #212][/right][/right]
[right][right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right][/right]

Share this comment