• Moose

Bergerland

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bergerland Election Series Part 1: General Election Date Announced!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clarkjordan12345

Opinion Poll   92 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets your vote?

• Bergerland Nationalist Party
    • Labour Party
    • Bergerland Conservative Party
    • Green Conservationalists
    • Bergerland First
    • Bergerland Communist Party

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

electionnotice.jpg

A general election has been announced for next week (Wednesday 9th November. The outcome is predicted to be a hung parliament with the National Party making huge gains over the Labour party. The vote will be held on Simtropolis and I want you all to vote! When the time comes I will provide mini manifestos of all the parties and provide quotes etc from the live TV debates. Check back soon! Please vote in the opinion poll that I have provided (please note, this will not be the actual outcome, it is just there to get a general opinion.)

Bergerland's Parliamentary system works as follows: There are 127 seats. Each seat represents roughly 15,000 citizens. Several candidates (normally 1 from each major party) runs for one of the 127 seats and the one who wins most votes claims the seat for their party. To form a government a party has to have a majority of the seats (64 or more) and recieve blessing from the queen. If a party does not gain at least 64 seats they must form a coalition with one or more parties in order to gain a majority. The government would stay in power for 6 years before the next election however there are plans to reduce this to 4 years.

Here's a quick description of all the major parties.

partydescriptions.jpg

The next major update will still be the motorway system within Askersund so check back then!

simmytu and The Avatar like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

12 Comments

well done i see you are very talented on votes
[img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/21.gif[/img]over all it was great[img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/44.gif[/img]

Share this comment

This makes me remember that I have my own political parties logos collecting dust in my hard drive... I think I have to show them sometime.

Great job overall, the Green Conservationists and Bergeland First logos look very cool and professional!

Share this comment