• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Sensational Six #34

Sign in to follow this  
NMUSpidey

MtPlainsHS.jpg

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: So you guys have a good day?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Yeah, it was alright. School'll be out soon and we'll all be on our own for the summer. I can't wait.

Nina-2.jpgNina: *clutching Marv's arm* I was fine. Gotta study for a History test this week with Marv.

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: Where we studying? *slightly shamefully* I kinda need to put in some book time, too.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Prolly Dan-O's like usual.

Nina-2.jpgNina: *smiling* That sounds like fun. I have to tell my mom, but I'll totally be there. *smile fades at sight of Momo*

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: *happily* Hello, boy and girls. Was today fun?

Nina-2.jpgNina: *dryly* Yes, very.

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: *shrugs her shoulders noncommittally* Yeah, it's school.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: How about you?

She had spent Sunday at the shop with him and his parents, learning a little bit about how it worked, ran the cash register for a half an hour, and promised she'd help out that summer when school was out. She and Marv had found they liked each other and got along well.

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: *wide smile* Oh, that was great. I had a English class for whole morning, and then after the lunch it was many informations about Port Matthew life. Is different from Japan.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Well, we're gonna study today after school, so if you wanna hang out with us, you're welcome to. Nina's gonna be so pissed, but what can I do?

Nina-2.jpgNina: Oh, uh, I almost forgot, I can't study today. I have to help my parents out with something. Gotta get going, time's ticking! *weak smile, turns to leave*

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *catches her arm before she can run away* Nina, hold on, do you need any help?

Nina-2.jpgNina: No, no, it's no big deal. I'll send you a text. Love you. *gives him a peck on his cheek then turns to go, calling over her shoulder to Erisa* See you tomorrow!

Marv-2.jpgErisa-2.jpg *uneasy glances* Wow, what does she have so against Momoka?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Dudes, we ready to go?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *awkwardly* Sure, uh, Nina had some family thing she had to do, so she'll text me later.

Kari-2.jpgKari: *frowning* Huh, she didn't tell me anything.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Musta been, uh, an emergency?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Well, she'll come around. *puts arm around Marv's shoulder and starts walking out to their cars* She just has to adjust, she'll come around.

Marv and Erisa looked at each other again. It was as though they were on the same wavelength.

Marv-2.jpgErisa-2.jpgYou weren't here, Dan-O, you didn't see how she just deflated and ran away...

MtPlainsNewOverviewWest.jpg

*they are somewhere in this overview picture driving to Dan-O's house*

Because they were now “family”, Momoka rode with Marv to and from school, and this meant that he was driving her to Dan-O's house after school. He texted his mom a message letting her know that Momoka was with him, and they'd be home later. He was quiet as he drove. Momoka spoke first.

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: Do you like school? Study?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *managing a smile* Yeah, I like to learn new things. It's kinda fun. We always study at Dan-O's house after school. It's a huge house, you'll like it.

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: *happily* Oh, tha's exciting! *looks out window* Is so different from Japan...

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Yeah, I know.

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: You went to there?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: No, Nina's mom is from Japan. She showed us some pictures of their vacations there. *sighs* What am I gonna do about this?

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: Nina is really pretty girl. *sighs* Am I the problem?

Marv looked at her, slightly surprised.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: What? No, no, don't worry about it.

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: I know that she is your girlfriend, maybe is love-love thing. I do no wanna hurt the love-love thing. Is no good.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: You shouldn't worry about it. Me and Nina just have to talk a little, try to, oh I don't know.

Marv was frustrated and gritted his teeth against the stress he felt due to the situation.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: And now here she is in my car, and it's so awkward 'cuz she knows Nina hates her, and she doesn't really know why...

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: Maybe she thinks I try to take you to me, but I do no like that girl. [Japanese]I'm not the kind of girl who's gonna show up and just steal some girl's boyfriend. Especially now he's supposed to be my brother for the next year![/Japanese]

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Momoka, I'm sorry. Don't worry too much, though. Me and Nina, we'll figure it out.

Momo-2.jpgMomoka: *smiles, laughs a little* I not worry so much. You are such cute kappuru!

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *smiles* What's a kappuru?

Ninashouse.jpg

Nina stormed into her house and stomped up to her room. She threw her bag into the corner near her bed and slammed her keys on her desk. She flopped face first onto the bed and tried not to cry. Whether they were tears of rage and anger or sadness and pain she couldn't tell, nor did she much care. No one was home to hear her little tantrum.

Nina-2.jpgNina: What the heck? What's wrong with me? I can't just accept the situation as it is and move forward? Why can't I get over it?

She sniffled and tears spilled out of her eyes. She put her head on her arm and used her sleeve to soak them up. She rolled over, sat up and tried to compose herself.

Nina-2.jpgNina: Gotta get a grip. I'm going crazy! I should just go over there and study with them. No, no, I told them I had some kinda family thing going on. Maybe I should just text them and say everything was fine and my family doesn't need me anymore. They're my friends, they'll understand how it is. But now she's with them. I'll bet they're laughing and having a good time. She's probably being super mega ultra cute and they're all in love with her. I'll bet she's touching Marv's arm and flirting! Argh!

She sighed again and pulled out her phone and spent the next 90 seconds composing a very long text message asking George for his advice. She knew there was a risk that he'd be a jerk about it, but it was important to her to tell someone, so she hit send and waited. She laid back down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Time seemed to slow to a crawl. The house was silent, save for her breath and the thumping beat of her heart. She broke the silence with what seemed like a deafening rustle of her clothes in the movement it took for her to raise her phone to viewing range.

Nina-2.jpgNina: Seriously? It's only been 2 minutes? Ugh!

She let her arm fall down but still clutched the slender pink phone. She paused for a second and tried to think of something, anything else, but it just wasn't working out. All she could think about was Momoka and Marv. What was she going to do about it? And where was the text from her brother?

Nina-2.jpgNina: I'll bet that lazy bastard is laying down watching tv or playing a video game, not caring about his poor sister's problem...

She glanced at the phone again. Another 4 minutes had crept by. She thought about the test they had last that week and decided, as tough as it would be, that she would plow through her notes in an effort to distract herself from self-destructing her relationship...

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oh the thoughts of teenagers....always over analyse everything and never think of the bigger picture. Also I hate when time goes slowly, it is always at the worst part!

Seems like there are lots of twists and turns going on at the moment, will have to wait and see (seems the waiting periods are shorter now that you are trying to stay on the first page :P ) what happens next :D

Share this comment

Roger51: Teenagers are too hopped up on a rad cocktail of hormones to see the big picture, let alone what's right in front of their noses. Makes for interesting reading though ;) . The next issue is a bit of filler, then we're in for a BIG TWIST.

terring: Thank you! Sometimes I think I need more...

Schulmanator: Yes, yes it is. My students remind me of this every day.

emperordaniel: She is, and we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out in the long term... ;)

111222333444: She totally is. Well, maybe less pissed and more depressed. Well, maybe less depressed and more teenage angsty. I mean honestly, a pretty teenage girl in a comfortable situation with loving parents doesn't really have a lot to be depressed about. Angsty or pissed, now that's a whole different story!

10000000000000: Haha, she's Japanese, so her English is not going to be perfect. You'll just have to trust me on the authenticity of her dialogue. It's pretty accurate :D .

Share this comment