• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chinatown & Little Italy

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panthersimcity4

chiantown1s.jpg

San Lorenzo's Chinatown area is a district of the city that was filled with Chinese immigrants in the 1800s and early 1900s. Today there are still very many Chinese & various other Asian businesses and residents here.

chinatown2s.jpg

The central part of the Chinatown district is the Buddhist Meditation Center, one of the oldest Buddhist places of worship in the United States. The current building was built in the late 40s as a donation from a wealthy local businessman.

chinatown3.jpg

chinatown4.jpg

Nearby Chinatown is the city's baseball stadium. It is located in a formerly industrial area that has, in the past decades, become more technology focused.

littleitaly1s.jpg

A bit east of Chinatown, along Washington Carve Avenue, is Little Italy. This area was historically an area of Italian-descended people and immigrants. Today there are a few Italian restaurants and businesses, but the demographics have mostly changed into a more integrated community.

littleitaly2s.jpg

The area is popular with tourists due to the easy accessibility from the Washington Carver Ave tram.

chinatown6s.jpg

That's all, thanks for reading this update! :thumb:

Kifflom112 likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

Looking great! It looks like a nice place to live, maybe in some years this neighbourhood becomes the place to be for local artists...

BTW: Cool Arizona-reminiscent flag!

Share this comment

great combination of buildings! I agree with Tekindus- it looks like a nice place to live, or even just visit :thumb:

Share this comment

Those are very nice neighborhoods. Great update. I wonder, in the Chinatown pictures, are those Chinese signs photoshopped? Or did someone make them?

Share this comment

It's Amazing-but please keep doing the fake radio stations-they're really amusing and you've got quite the eye for music (apart from k-ko)!

Share this comment

Cool man, it kinda reminds me of Downtown Cincinnati, even though they don't have a China town or little Italy. :thumb: 5/5 from me.

Share this comment

TekindusT: Thanks! It was inspired by Arizona. And the neighborhood should probably see a rise in artists - or hipsters - in the coming years.
SkyGuy: Thanks!!
NMUSpidey: Yes, they're photoshopped. Essentially what I did was take the names of various cities in China and put them on the buildings, like the businesses and restaurants are named after the cities.
Zulu2065: Thanks!
ee99: Thanks!
tsimmer777: Thanks, I'm glad you like the radio stations. Of course K-Ko isn't the best one, since it's supposed to be pop music. :P
escilnavia: Thanks!!

Share this comment