• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to Newlands!

rbrenelli

This is a small town I built by mostly plopping buildings. I wanted to have complete control over the city. It has many aspects that i consider crutial to my perfect city. It is compact and transportation is mainly on foot (buses+subway). I hate cars, but, broad avenues are still required. I live in Brazil and I have tried to replicate some of the good things in brazilian cities. Large cities in Brazil often have an historic part of downtown that concentrates government administrative builidings that may still be working as such or that now work as cultural centers. That part of downtown is closely followed by tall office buildings with shops at ground level. Even tough the buildings I plopped on my city dont appear to be that way, think of it as they are. Streets bustling with life day and night, be it downtown or in the residential area. Shops, restaurants, bars, cafés, everything. So here it is. Let me know what you think about it.

newlands29ago6113197583.png

This is the civic plaza with subway station and historic buildings.

newlands5set61131975837.png

Here you can see the older more corporativist buildings clore to the beach and to the historic center.

newlands10set6113197583.png

Right in front of the beach you have this beautiful plaza and museums/library/movies for everyone on the city to enjoy.

newlands18set6113197584.png

Here are the posh residential buildings and the Santiago Calatrava Transport Hub that in this distopian city also serves as a cultural center for annual arts expo, and fashion shows, comicon et cetera.

newlands23jul6113197580.png

Here is another plaza, but this time with a monument, and a very beautiful very modernist building right close to the beach, past the Atlantic Ave.

newlands7ago61131975823.png

Overview of Downtown, beach and knowledge center.

newlands31jul6113197581.png

Close up to the knowledge center, with university, an application high school and research centers, as well as a central library. The cool thing about this is that it is close to downtown but also quite reserved.

newlands12ago6113197582.png

Overview of Downtown and the residential area.

newlands16ago6113197582.png

Another view on the knowledge lands, downtown and the main plaza, for concerts, and open gatherings, like protests et cetera. A place for everyone to meet.

newlands31ago6113197583.png

here you can see the new buildings of downtown, the city mall and the university. Students gotta have something to do when their teacher misses class.

newlands24set6113197584.png

Overview of the residential area.

newlands17out6213197587.png

Detail on the most recent buildings.

newlands1out61131975849.png

And finally other angle on the main plaza, the citys heart.

So, what do you think. I think its a quite livable city.

4 Comments

Very nice - keep it up! Just a tip though, you can minimise the options taskbar thing at the bottom by pressing the little dash in a square at the very bottom left. Very livable indeed :)

Share this comment

lol too much orange on the map. The city is still good, but you could start using more of what we call "game". Let the city grow by itself, we all do that on our cities, but yeah, we usually put some landmarks to make cities look more beautiful. this is my opinion, hope u liked it. I will be seeing your CJ by the way. Greetings from Argentina :)

Share this comment

looks great but you should of made the streets into more avenues like new city hall or roads. would make it look way better

Share this comment

I suggest NWM to make 1 tile avenues and stuff along those lines, its just sort of for looks :D .

Your city looks great, but I have some suggestions
-minimize the menu as keenan stated-then click Ctrl+Shift+S to take a Snapshot.
-The orange building in the last picture is not a very high quality BAT, it draws a bit too much attention and is rather plain (no offense to the creator of course)
-Water mod-just one of those "just for looks" things
-Night Shots-we all love them :D
-Continued realism-Windmills, a water treatment plant, and a super recycle can won't work in this city ;)

Other than that, I look forward to more from you. You obviously have lots of talent :yes:

Share this comment