• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cyten City Internation Airport (Part 2of2ofCCFDSeries)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highway2Hell

(Oldie but a goodie hehe)

Now Mega Airports on Modern Marvels...

cca.jpg

The Cyten City International Airport is currently one of the largest airports in UCBNA. The airport has more than 9terminals and can have as much as 2000planes go through the airport in one day.

Joe Hansbery (Chief Architect of CCIA):Part of the reason CCIA is so large is due to the expected amount of traffic it will be handling on a daily basis. It is expected 1000s of flights will go in and out everyday.Tens of thousands of passengers from all over the country and from other nations in the Simtropolis community is expected to go through the airport.

ccaoverview.jpgWest Section

ccao1.jpgEast Section

Man:One of the unique things about CCIA is the length of its runaways. It is reported to be about 3.5miles(19000ft+)The reason being the large amount of air traffic expected to land.The other reason is plane's can just line up and take of one by one.

cybeton.jpg

(CCIA found in the northeastern part of Cybeton)

Joe Hansbery:One of the many challenges was the location of the airport. It had to be in a place where it's not going to cause noise pollution and a place where it's easily accesible.One of my staff said why not build it on Montgomery Island. Just like that a lightbulb popped.

Man: The location where the airport was picked to be built presented diffucult challenges.The runaway had to be built horizantally of the runaway would have been too short.A large bridge also had to built to connect Cyten City Financial District and Montgomey Island.Parking spaces was also an issue.The parking spaces you see outside the airport pales in comparison to the underground parking lot.Joe Hansbery was responsible for proposing to build an underground parking network under the airport.

Andy Wilsen (Air traffic controller): One of the many challenges we face is directing air traffic. We have to make sure everything is in sync or an accident is waiting to happen.

Man:The control tower of the airport houses a super computer where it tracks flights worldwide.This super computer calculates,callibrates,and does everything an ATC does except faster and more efficiently.

airportairbus.jpg

Carla Baxton:I: I'm the Head of the A380terminal. One of the cool things about CCIA is that it is one of the 1st airports in the Mega Region Vyster of 15states to have A380S land on the runaway.

Joe Hansberry: CCIA is definently huge. It's about twice the size of Oceanside and it will be serving several generations from now.

Stay tuned as we ....

SimcityFuturist likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments

OH nice update! I love your airport and the other entries too I really like the idea of huge corporations leading your city to prosperity! :thumb: . but um... your airport covers a greater space two large cities, right? wow :bunny: maybe you are the first one to actually make the first airport covering a greater space and more realistic of course :thumb: :thumb:

Share this comment

[quote name='ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO' timestamp='1319717959']
OH nice update! I love your airport and the other entries too I really like the idea of huge corporations leading your city to prosperity! :thumb: . but um... your airport covers a greater space two large cities, right? wow :bunny: maybe you are the first one to actually make the first airport covering a greater space and more realistic of course :thumb: :thumb:
[/quote]

Sadly in most cases corporations that get into power often will destory the country and start SERFDOM 2.0. Yes the airpor spans about two large cities .Thanks for the comment :).
SimcityFuturist likes this

Share this comment