• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

5 Years; Quick Break

_marsh_

10-1

img1yw.jpg

10-2

5 years past since the start of the highway and the town continues to grow. Sandalwood Consolidated School has been completed. The old 1 room schoolhouse now torn down to make room for more expansion. It seems as if this is the first bad effect of the expansion. What the initial residents of the town feared. With growth comes problems this is known. Though the destruction of the towns history is more than frowned upon. By the Original residents at least.

Among other changes is the newly deemed 'Tooblock Park' has seem some activity. Originally the patch of trees outside of town is now in the middle of the towns main park, headed by city hall. Most of the trees now are torn down, though some will be left, to make way for the park. Paths, neatly trimmed grass, and other things may ensue. One thing is ceartain though, the town has already come a long way.

img2e.jpg

4 people like this

13 Comments

This town is becoming interesting. Lovely looking city. The new school sounds cool and I love the new buildings. I can't wait to see how big this town will get, and it's inspiring me to make a small-town and grow it.

P.S: Maybe to have an interesting look for updates more to come, you should use a few Mattb, CP, and Simgoober houses. They add a large variety and make sure you have no repetition. Maybe if high wealth citizens start moving in you can add some of there nice mansions. I don't know I guess I shouldn't interfere with your plans.

Share this comment

1000000000: Thank you. :)

Zulu: I've put those houses in at one point but I didn't like how they fit in. Mattb's houses contrasted too much with the maxis and CP's lots don't blend in well either. :\ If you notice though, I have CP's $ houses installed and they completley replace the maxis $. (They should be anyways... >.< ) I could try for re-lots but that would take a lot of time. :\

I'll figure something out eventually. :)

Share this comment

Great town!

If you really want to bring out the most of your Maxis buildings, I do suggest lotting them. That's what I'm starting to do for my cities for variety and simple fillers. They do take a lot of time to lot, but in the long run, its worth it.

Share this comment

amazing! :thumb: I love your photoshop work, I need to learn how to do that stuff, too bad I am lazy :whatevs:

Share this comment

Looks great, marsh. You can take Maxis houses and mix them with custom content and make it looks so good. That takes skill. :yes:

Share this comment

Wow, it's coming along great :) Are there any other towns sprouting up?

Looking forward to more as usual!

Share this comment

Congratulations - you're number one on Ben's Top Ten - that's a first for any CJ: number one on both Top Tens the same week :)

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-14156-week-12-103111-11611/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color="#0000FF"]MOSAIC[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]

Share this comment