Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A Trip to the Farm

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfredo18

Due to my overdose of organic chemistry and molecular biology this quarter, many recent cities I have toyed with in my spare time have had rather molecular names.

The first I made was called Ketone Lake because it branched off of a river similar to how the double bonded oxygen branches off of a carbon chain in a Ketone.

The next chemical name I employed was in the city of Quartzia. This city is my attempt at growing a lively city on the farm that one day may grow to become a major metropolis. Quartz made sense because it is rigid and is comprised of a Silicon-Oxygen crystal lattice, much like a regular agricultural street pattern.

Quartzia does not currently have any industry besides the outstretched farms, but may need to soon as the food industry cannot provide enough jobs for the growing populations by itself.

Here is our first look at the city taking root:

QUARTZIA

From humble beginnings, Quartzia quickly grew to a moderate size. citizens enjoyed a few parks to play in after a long day plowing the fields.

Quartzia-Sep.%2525202%25252C%252520201319600757.jpg

Most important to the economy is the farmers market. Run by Maxis Food Co, this is a nice social place for moms to gossip.

Quartzia-Sep.%2525209%25252C%252520201319600796.jpg

Football legends are made on this dust pit of a field - well, more like local legends. Rumors have it that the kids use corn bound together as pads. The joys of agriculture!

Quartzia-Nov.%25252019%25252C%252520191319600544.jpg

The mayor is a very active leader, holding two to three town gatherings in his plaza every week.

Quartzia-Nov.%25252017%25252C%252520191319600520.jpg

As the city grows, we will begin to see new developments. As it is, the downtown area just received a minor makeover.

The first paved roads and sidewalks were added to downtown, fostering the addition of the first local stoplight. It also seems that the mayor wants to educate his country folk with a new schoolhouse on Quartz Ave. Or is it simply a ploy to attract more citizens to the city? Only time will tell!

Quartzia-Jan.%25252025%25252C%252520431319604268.jpg

Stay tuned for the next update! (hopefully it will be soon, you all know how it is with classes :boggle: )

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments

The farms look nice and the town layout is very attractive. But there's something... What is it... Ah yes, trees. Glorious trees serving as windbreaks for those farms, preventing erosion and providing shade for animals and people. I understand you're developing this, so hopefully the half-finished feeling of the overview shot will be filled in with glorious trees and flora of all kinds. Anyways. Good job so far!

Share this comment