• Comments
  • Views

The rain reigns over Darlington City

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k50

Well, here we are, update forty! :)

ncup40header.jpg

Darlington City is a coastal city that gets slammed with monsoon weather this time of year. The result is a saturated, damp, and depressing environment for days in a row.

ncup40pic1.jpg

At the Darlington City FC Stadium, things are quiet. People drive around the stone streets to get to a freeway entrance should they need it.

ncup40pic3.jpg

The last plane for the night has just hit the slippery runway at Darlington-Cassidy International.

ncup40pic2.jpg

The other side of the airport.

ncup40pic5.jpg

It never matters how much land you own, the weather owns it all in late October.

ncup40pic6.jpg

The hum of the power plant keeps the town lit throughout the night.

ncup40pic4.jpg

Sorry this was sort of a rushed and short update, expect a much bigger Darlington City update soon :)

If you liked it, follow it, +1 it, rate it, all that fun stuff :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

18 Comments

Wow, so many great buildings. Great rain effect. I also love the elevated road for the airport, quite realistic. I'll have to look back to see if you have an airport update.
k50 and Will12 like this

Share this comment

I'll reply to these now :P
[b]escilnavia:[/b] Thanks, I'm glad you liked it, it means a lot coming from ya :)
[b]Bebedict:[/b] Thanks, the next update (a transportation-based one) will certainly be in the daylight.
[b]Mamaluigi945:[/b] Thanks, glad you liked it, I just found it randomly in the game actually :P
[b]alerules:[/b] Thanks man!
[b]simfreak1998:[/b] Thanks Chip, you have good skills too!
[b]Mastof:[/b] Thanks a lot!
[b]packersfan:[/b] Thanks, that airport isn't too extravagant, you saw 80% of it in this update :P You'll probably get an overhead shot soon though so stay tuned! I'm glad you liked that road too, I was sort of insecure about it.
[b]bwong:[/b] Thanks, glad you did!
[b]Fox:[/b] Thanks :blush: (using your emoction :P)
[b]Megabuilder6:[/b] Thanks, I always like showing my work :D
[b]testuser1234:[/b] Thanks, I'm glad you liked them!
[b]Sky Guy:[/b] Thanks, your cities [i]are[/i] perfect, I'm glad you think mine are too, though they're not :P
[b]a2A209:[/b] Thanks, and I agree, there is not as much triple-tile NWM stuff as there should be :)

Thanks so much for supporting this, I'll reply to other comments as they come...

Share this comment

oooooooooooooooooooo!!! Am Don't know how to say about this!!! FANTASTIC!!![img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/17.gif[/img]
k50 likes this

Share this comment

Thanks to all three of you :)

[b]mislanders:[/b] I used this tutorial ([url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/1408/entry-6629-rain-tutorial/"]link[/url]) made by ilikehotdogsalot :)

Share this comment