• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 23: "Urban Macoe" Project Continues Racing Ahead

Sign in to follow this  
simlink

windemeremain.jpg

UPDATE 23:

"URBAN MACOE" PROJECT PROGRESS CONTINUES...

REPLIES ARE DONE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION IN EACH UPDATE. :)

macoenewbannerwindemere.jpg

"URBAN MACOE" when completed will completely change the face of this (once) humble little town. Thanks to the wonders of Simgeneering, alot of progress has been made in "URBAN MACOE." Today we are going to go and have a look at what has been completed, where construction has cropped up and the overall state of the project. So, sit back, relax, grab a hard hat and enjoy!

We start of today in the vicinity of the train station. The new overpass has just been completed, and is now open to traffic. The detour remains just off the overpass as construction continues through the area...

update23macoe1.jpg

After only a month and a half, two new highrises have been constructed. The Embassy Suites hotel is already buzzing with tourists travelling through Windemere, construction workers working on "URBAN MACOE" and business professionals working in Macoe.

update23macoe2.jpg

Back at the train station, further progress has been made. The last parking garage covering the former parking lot has been completed, the entrance road has been completed to an avenue and progress continues on the remaining work.

update23macoe3.jpg

Work has now also begun on one of the residential areas of the project. This section will see 3+ storey condo/loft buildings.

update23macoe4.jpg

"With Simgeneering, anything is possible!" is a popular tagline in commercials right now in Macoe. And this new tower is why. It was developed in less than a month...

update23macoe5.jpg

Progress has continues at the train station, with more roadways being paved and overflow parking now open.

update23macoe6.jpg

The first residential buildings have been completed and the first new residents have moved into the "URBAN MACOE" project.

update23macoe7.jpg

Across the street from the "URBAN MACOE" project is a new construction site, zoned for a new retailer. As to which retailer it will be, you will have to wait and see...

update23macoe8.jpg

The skyline is starting to take shape...

update23macoe9.jpg

Progress is full speed ahead in the entire project as more residential builsings are completed and more residents move in. Plans for this area also call for a proposed library, more residential towers and a park. Currently, there are no school planned for inside the development, though the Windemere School Board is looking to build 2 new school (1 elementary, 1 highschool) in Macoe.

update23macoe10.jpg

New roadways have been "gravel-tised" at the train station. But why the layout that is there was chosen, nobody yet knows...

update23macoe11.jpg

And as "URBAN MACOE" goes ahead at full-speed, even more cranes appear. Many residents have jokingly referred to the project as "CRANE CITY."

:P

update23macoe12.jpg

We leave off today's update with a look over the entire project area. The new face of Macoe is beginning to take shape...

update23macoe13.jpg

So we come to the end of another update here in Windemere. "URBAN MACOE" races towards completion, and ultimately changing the face of Macoe. But even at the amazing pace to which the project is moving, there is still alot of work to go. We will continue to check in and see what is going on in Macoe, along with the rest of new development in Windemere. As always, I hope you've enjoyed the update and are looking forward to the next one.

For those of you who don't know, Windemere is also published in the old CJ Section, where Windemere was first started! I encourage you to visit the thread, which you can find by clicking here.

Don't forget to comment. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Ohhh.... Nice construction! Though I don't like those skyscrapers poking out of nowhere.

Share this comment

[size="4"][center][color="#008000"][b]REPLIES:[/center][/b][/color][/size]

[center][b]hahei:[/b]
Thanks, glad you like it! I am currently searching for a prop pack I am missing for construction lots. (If) I find it it may look a little more realistic. Thanks for stopping by!
[/center]

Share this comment