• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Sensational Six #30

Sign in to follow this  
NMUSpidey

Dan-Oshouse.jpg

Dan-O ran out of his house and hopped into the back seat of Taro's Acura Legend. He pushed his head between the seats and grinned at both Taro in the driver's seat and Marv next to him.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: So, what's the big news? What'd I miss last night? And why do I always have to sit in the back seat?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: We picked you up last. So it's natural you lose first shot at gunner.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Well, I got gunner after we eat lunch.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: You can't call gunner before we even stop!

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Can so. I just did.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: No, those aren't the rules. You have to wait until we're done with whatever we're doing and heading back out to the car next time before you call gunner.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: That's stupid. In this day in age with everything on demand instantly at my fingertips I should be able to reserve gunner anytime I want.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: We're not talking about plane tickets, Dan-O.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Don't matter.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: It's the rules.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: The rules suck.

Marv sighed and looked out the window at the passing scenery. The countryside gave way to the suburbs, which gave way to increasingly busy traffic and denser and denser buildings.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Where are we eating?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: I was thinking that Mexican place in the shops near MPC Station.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Can we get parking down there at this time? On a Saturday?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: *smiles, holds up shiny plastic card* Well, I'll have to pay, but that's no big deal. I got my 'rents' pay ticket.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Sweet. I love that place. It's almost as good as that Thai place near the Dome.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Oh man, that place rocks my socks. I do want burritos today, though.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Burritos it is.

MtPlainsStationarea.jpg

They made their way to the restaurant inside the shopping mall, got their food and sat down.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: *knowing look* So Taro, you got big news, eh?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *sly smile* I think I know what it is.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Yeah, me too. Gotta hear it straight from our new man's mouth, though!

Taro-2.jpgTaro: *big ol' smile* Alright, yeah, we did it last night.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Awesome, way to go!

Dan-O-2.jpg *high five*

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Was it as awesome as we like to think it is?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: More awesome. You won't be able to believe it.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Dude, I am so jealous. I really thought I was gonna be the first one of us to become a man...

Marv-2.jpgMarv: You're just not the stud Taro is. Then again, neither am I...

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Well, you're closer than I am, and Nina is smokin' hot.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: This is true.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: How many times did you do it?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Dude? You're really gonna ask me that?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Gotta. It's in the rules, same as that stupid gunner thing.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *sideways look* He's still going on about that?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: *sighs* Alright, fine. We did it twice, last night and this morning. It was awesome both times.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Man, everyone thinks me and Nina already did it thanks to that party last month, but you guys are the only ones of us who have!

Taro-2.jpgTaro: All in a day's work. *puts hands behind his head and leans back looking very satisfied with himself*

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *glumly* Man, you are so lucky your parents are always gone. Mine work like ten minutes from our house and are always there.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: No privacy for you guys, eh?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Rarely. The Better Business Bureau threw one of after meeting parties last night, so we were able to have some quality time.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Oooo, quality time. And you didn't tap it?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *mumbles* Not everything's about that, Dan-O.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Aw, you're not gonna go gettin' all mushy on us now, are you?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: I'm in no hurry, is all I'm saying. And what did you do Friday night?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: I had a date.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Really? With who? Seeing Alexa again?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: No, that ship has sailed. I actually went out with Gabe and Noa, you remember them?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Uh, no. I don't know if I ever met them...

Marv-2.jpgMarv: OH, I kinda remember them. They're friends of Nina's. They were cute.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: They so were. We went dancing last night.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Hahaha, I can't picture you dancing.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Well, they danced, I just enjoyed the show.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: What was it, a double date?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: No, they both agreed to go with me.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: As friends, right?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Weird, wild stuff, boys. I think we're goin' out again next Saturday. They said we should all go together and hang out. We went to The Pole, it's not far from here.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Ah, then we'd get to see the girls in club clothes. *smiles at the prospect, but stops at a second thought* Does Nina even have club clothes?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Well, I'll talk to Kari and see what she says. Erisa might not be in love with the idea, either. She usually hates dance clubs.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Well, she might like it a little better after her experience last night.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: *with real concern* What happened?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: She was supposed to have a date, too, but she got stood up. So, she went to have something to eat with the bartender who's always at that place with the indie rock bands that always go through. Turns out he was like 14 years older than her but still wanted to try something with her that night and called her a slutty-looking tease in so many words.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: *sarcastically* Wow, nice guy.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: What the hell? Why can't college guys stick with college girls and leave us high school guys the high school girls?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: I don't know if he's in college.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Well then, college-AGE guys. I mean, there are some hot-ass girls in college. Gotta be enough on this island to go around.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Seriously. I mean, Erisa may not be the most modest dresser between the three girls, but that doesn't mean she's a ho. That's just wrong.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: There are plenty of really slutty girls who look totally innocent.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Oh, I know who you're thinking about.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: That's pretty shocking, about Marley. You hear what she did at the last party?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Dude, I do NOT wanna know.

Marv had heard rumors about shenanigans, but whenever he heard her name he tuned out.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Okay, whatever.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: So what's on the docket today?

Taro-2.jpgTaro: *glumly* Well, the girls are all out today for something or other.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Yeah, probably out painting their nails or shopping or getting makeovers or whatever. Girl stuff is boring.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: *sarcastically* Wow, what a blast.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: We should go do something manly.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Like what? I'm the only one bristling with manliness here, so I feel okay.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: *funny look*

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: Okay, okay, [fake expletive] the hot blonde girl gets you into the man club, Taro. Marv, that leaves you in our wake. How are you gonna keep up at the rate you're going?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *helpless look* Dammit, those two...

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: I heard there's a rally special stage today. We could go watch that. Rally racing is pretty [expletive] manly, and at least one of us could use the boost in testosterone!

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *muttering* You're an [expletive], Dan-O. But I do like the idea. We'll do that.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: What, I don't get a vote?

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: You're doin' it with the blonde hottie, that's as much vote as you get.

They paid and got up to leave.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: GUNNER! *runs ahead to mark his spot*

Marv and Taro watched him high-tail it out of there and shook their heads.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: He's never growing up, is he?

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

escilnavia: Thank you! I can't get a decent burrito from a restaurant to save my life in this country. Luckily, my wife is an excellent cook :D

emperordaniel: :D Nope. Although really, do any of us?

Roger51: Heh, he'll do his best to stay immature forever ;) .

Share this comment