• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
400Z9

19921994comparasion.jpg

This very picture was on the front page of Guthega Herald newspaper, comparing the view of Newcastle from the airport in 1992 and 1994. A lot of people was very shocked at how fast Newcastle developed in only two years. I remember, in 1994, I was 15 year old, and I got myself a girlfriend, she goes to Joondalup State High School, and we see each other regularly. Sometimes during the weekend, we go to the shopping centre and watch some movies or whatever suits us. Oh! I remember something BIG in 1994 as well. My family MOVED the house from Newcastle town centre to Newcastle South East because Guthega Regional Council wants to evict all of the people who live within inner Newcastle so they can go ahead with inner city developments. I am now in Year 10 at Newcastle South East College, and I am really grateful that I get great education. My parents let me to go to the big city once a month during a weekend because I want to study architecture, so they let me to get that opportunity. There are no university or local college in Newcastle... yet. It definately felt stranger living in Newcastle, because the city grows bigger and bigger, it just feels more further away to reach the outskirts compared to 1987. There are so many new community parklands established around Newcastle, including one big one at Joondalup area. Tune in to see what happened to Newcastle in 1995 for the next update. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments