• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

1992 | "Is that really Newcastle?"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
400Z9

When I was 13 year old, Newcastle changed so much. There are a new huge suburb located ten minutes out of Newcastle town centre, and the house price tag is so high. I am so shocked at how changed Newcastle have been lately. Few day ago, my mother took me to Newcastle Airport for the "Opening Day" launch, and I stare at the new terminal in digust; the terminal look so small and ugly. There are a petrol service centre (for planes etc) right next door, and the control tower look rather strange. Why on the earth did Newcastle Airport need two long runways? Both of them extended into the bay, seriously?? - while the terminal is as tiny as an ant? Anyway, there are new freeway connecting from Guthega Road, and it was officially named as Mitchell Freeway yesterday and I actually liked it. You can get from Guthega Road to airport in a minute or two tops. Right next to the airport, there are new suburb, the suburb was named Joondalup. I think it sound rather strange, but I like it. There are new suburban village shopping centre at Joondalup, and Guthega Regional Council plans to establish a bus route from Newcastle's proposed Central Station to Joondalup. There are even a new high school, Joondalup State High School. Newcastle South East College is located only a minute or two drive away from Joondalup State High School, is it really that necessary? Newcastle South East College have only opened last year or two. I think the outskirt of Newcastle have seriously grew further away from the town centre. I cannot stand it to wonder what Newcastle might look like in next ten years time. Well, now, I am 34 years old, and I remember what I was like when I am 13 in 1992, 19 years ago. I found few good photos for me to share it with you guys.

cxlscreenshotnewcastle1.jpg

Newcastle's new shopping centre - and I loved the advertisements, it makes Newcastle look more "city-like".

cxlscreenshotnewcastle2.jpg

The suburb of Joondalup, with the suburban shopping centre and Joondalup State High School.

Newcastle Airport with the suburb of Joondalup, literally, right next to the airport.

Newcastle Airport Terminal and Aircraft Services Facility.

Mitchell Freeway.

With this freeway, it can take up less than five minutes from airport to Newcastle town centre.

that's Newcastle, it is a new tourism promotion to convince the world that Newcastle is an ideal spot for a hot tourism area.

Newcastle Airport with Newcastle town in the distance (sorry, Home Hill blocked the view of Newcastle town centre skyline again!)

Come back here to check out what Newcastle is like in 1993!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

I agree, Hahei! This is my first CJ that it goes through the time. I think it went well! :)

NMU Spidey, ahaha I agree! Damn Home Hill! :P Thank you

Share this comment