• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
400Z9

1990 was undeniably better than before, there are new music store, new shops and improved (re-paved) roads around Newcastle. Newcastle have a new office tower, only around ten floors, but it looks so tall. I watch it in awe, the tower looks so tall. I wonder what Newcastle look like from the top of the tower. One most exciting thing have happened to Newcastle is, a new high school. It is the new Newcastle South East College and I am so excited! I remember Newcastle in 1990 very well, there are new baby born, named Harriett, and there are new houses at Newcastle South East, the new suburb, I want to live up there so badly. Newcastle finally reached 50 permanent inhabitants with 4,000 non-permanent inhabitants. Based on what I remember in 1990 Newcastle, there are new high school, new music store, new shops, new roads, new suburbs, and of course, new police station. Newcastle is definately changing over three years since 1987. Guthega Regional Council have cancelled the Newcastle Bypass Road, and there are so many new houses at Home Hill and near Mount Paranoma, and especially at Newcastle South East.

One day, on 17th August, 1990, I read the newspaper for the first time in my life, and I remember reading one article about proposed plans for Newcastle Airport and the Newcastle tourism is expected to grow for the first time in upcoming few years. Guthega Regional Council have promised to establish new parklands, national parks and environment-protected parklands for Newcastle soon as possible. My mother took me to the first viewing deck ever built at Home Hill summit, I went up there and overlooks Newcastle, and I was so shocked how beautiful Newcastle are from the summit of Home Hill. There are two new transmitter towers on the summit of Home Hill, and one of them is for 3G mobile network, and another one is for Channel 8. Finally, about the time we have good TV signals and mobile phone signals.

I was 11 in 1990, and I'll start my high schooling at Newcastle South East College in 1992; and I am undeniably excited!!!

cxlscreenshotnewcastle1.jpg

Newcastle South East College

The new transmitter towers for Newcastle (second tower is not in the picture), with Home Hill Summit viewing deck and Newcastle skyline.

I really love this picture of Newcastle in 1990. You can see Mt Panaroma national park (bottom), with Newcastle town centre (top).

The new office tower in Newcastle, but is not the tallest in the town. A lot of locals protested over this building development because it will block the view of clock tower (at the Town Hall) and gradually destroys the pure Newcastle skyline. But the development went ahead anyway.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.