• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
400Z9

Guthega Regional Council decided to build a new road bypassing Newcastle, all around Home Hill and avoiding the town, the decision have angered the locals as they wanted the motorists to drive through the town. I remember all adults was very angry about it, my parents was so busy writing letters to Guthega Regional Council about it, but I was ten year old, I couldn't understand what is going on. Every night, after dinner, I would wander around to my bedroom and do my homework, and was thinking about school all time lately. I think it is strange, but I am falling in love with school, and I demanded for more school days and sulked to my bedroom because I want more school days. My friend, Samuel, he hates school and are looking forward to finishing school in 1990 and then he will be free. I told my mother that when I finish my primary schooling, I want to move to the big city so I can continue my education at the high school. My mother refused to let me to take a such opportunity. In the Christmas Day, 1987, my parents gave me their old camera as a present, I was so excited and took so many pictures but I chose few picture (below) for a reason.

cxlscreenshotnewcastle7.jpg

This view is from William Street, and I seriously love the view. My house is just up the hill from this park, on Park Street.

cxlscreenshotnewcastle5.jpg

That's right. This very house is my home, where I grew up. I seriously love my home, and back in late 1980s, it was the most popular type of house design for Newcastle. Today, it is rare to find this house around the town.

cxlscreenshotnewcastle8.jpg

My school.

cxlscreenshotnewcastle6.jpg

North Beach in a sleepy afternoon during the weekends.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.