• Comments
  • Views

The Four Year Mark

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_marsh_

bannerqts.jpg

8-1

It has been 4 years since the highway project through Sandalwood County began. The town 4 times over from the original 53 residents, now should be approaching the 200 mark by next year. This year, being the most different so far.

img1bt.jpg

8-2

Residents continue to surge into Sandalwood. Luckily, the newly elected mayor has been tackling the task of seeing that new development gets put in place correctly, and is not turned into a huge mess.

img2ms.jpg

8-3

A 3 block long strip of land has been deemed 'off-limits' through the edge of town. No one knows why the mayor did this, but most speculate it to be green space or a park. At the head of which lies the newly completed Town Hall.

img7i.jpg

8-4

The Sandalwood Townhall was just recently completed after construction started early February. With the rapidly growing rate of the town, the town council thought this would be the best move to make at the time. In the process, the first ever elections were held. Which elected long time resident Joseph Ferguson who ran unopposed.

img3ck.jpg

8-5

With the growing population, growing needs come in. A small diesel run generator has been built north of town near the gas station. It will supply the needed electricity for now. But plans for a long-term power search will have to be made in the near future.

img6m.jpg

8-6

The old school house is nearly overcapacity. A one room schoolhouse is fine for a small town, but for a growing one it just doesn't do. A block away from the schoolhouse a new one is being built. The largest construction project the town has seen so far.

img4oj.jpg

8-7

img5e.jpg

That's all for today. Hope you enjoyed the update. :)

nick13, ee99, bobolee and 3 others like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

14 Comments

Every time I see a new update for this city journal it's exciting. The pictures are beautiful, and the growth in interesting to see. Are we going to see this grow into a bustling metropolis?

Share this comment

You continue to inspire me with towns with this. I am glad that you are doing Sandalwood as I too am doing a similar style. Thanks for the inspiration!

Share this comment

I wish there was a way to "subscribe" to journals so that you get the newest entry on the home page or something. If it was like that, this would certainly be the first on my list!

Share this comment

mamaluigi, panthersimcity4, haydon, vlasky, zulu, gugu, evillions, lobserav: Thank you all. :D

penguin: It's a modified version of the SFBT street tree mod that I've been editing somewhat.

NMUspidey: Hopefully someday. We'll see what happens as time goes on. :)

monsterman123: As I said to you in the last update. They are all by [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=206287"]weasel[/url] on the STEX.

Share this comment

Congratulations, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten.

And this is the first time a CJ has been number one on both Top Tens! Well done.

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.