• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 1: NJ Transit Midtown Tunnels

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I_am_One

richmondcountyoct400131.jpg

@Zulu2065: Look out the the next update, It will be strictly about Manhattan. You can see both the old AND new World Trade Center there 18.gif@TowerDude: Well I did say they were from another city journal didn't I? 21.gif

- That is all -

brownsvillehousesfd.jpg

njtransittunnel.jpg

Background

The NJ Transit Midtown Tunnels are two tunnels (one in each direction) that connects New Jersey and New York. They carry Busy commuters(via Amtrak trains) into and out of New York City. The tunnels were opened in 1910 and have been used non stop ever since then. They are HEAVILY congested due to the mass traffic the trains carry. Since 2003, the tunnels have been operating near 100 percent capacity during peak hours (rush hour). Trains ordinarily travel west (to New Jersey) through the north tube and east (to Manhattan) through the south. During the morning rush about 24 trains use the south tube in the busiest hour, and the same through the north tube in the afternoon.

The Access to the Region's Core project to build a set of parallel tunnels began construction in June 2009 to supplement the North River Tunnels, but that project was canceled in October 2010 by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie due the budget being over the "allocated limit". On February 7, 2011, Amtrak announced that it would spend $50-million on design work for a new tunnel project called Gateway, estimated to cost $13.5-billion.

The current tunnels

soundjan8001317596031.png

The project circa august 2009

soundjan8001317594757.jpg

soundjan8001317595143.png

TUNE IN FOR THE NEXT UPDATE: MANHATTAN

worldtradecenterjan9001.jpg

Comments?

Side Note- Sorry if It takes a long time for updates, I have school and I can only play on weekends.

Side Note- Little RHW experimenting :D

telairmar14001317510893.png

telairmar14001317578256.png

telairmar19001318470606.png

telairmar19001318470713.png

Neat Huh?? 17.gif

2 people like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Very nice story line and pictures. I especially like pic number three! Also, where did you get that Glass subway station? It looks REALLY awesome!

Share this comment

HEEEIII YOU DUMBASS

There is somone on Simtropolis who has maded those Brownville Houses from Downtown.
And it's not maded by you!!
The original picture stands in a City Journal Post of ''TimEpke15'' with his New York Manhattan V4 update.

I'm very dissapointed in you, because photoshop something and uploading it from anothers hard work is the same as uploading another ones BAT.

And no But, because TimEpke15's picture was earlier and has the two white cars funny enough on the same place.
So Remove or we shall say something to the STEX.

Share this comment