• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Valley of the Shadow of Uncertainty

bluemoose

Thank you everyone for the comments!

I've had a bit of writer's block tonight: I cannot decide what to d owith the yellow outlined valley below... I'm leaning toward mixed use industrial/ residential and slight commercial like the orange outlined area, but I want to know what you guys think.

question.jpg

This is also a peek at the new neighborhood on the heights there.

Your feedback is super important guys!

Utvaw likes this

7 Comments

If it somewhat fits with the climate in the region and if there are enough custom lots, which I guess there are, it could make an excellent spot for vineyards. A bit like the Rhine or Moselvalleys in Germany and Luxembourg. You don't see it often on Simtropolis so...

Share this comment

I think making that valley an industrial might have some environmental "blow back" in the future. I'm willing to bet that valley drains directly into the adjacent river, which means all the contaminants those factors produce will end up in the river. Perhaps the hills are lined with homes and the central portion of the valley becomes green space.

Share this comment

Something interesting... how about a national park with light commercial development along the road connecting the various sectors of the surrounding area together?

Share this comment

The city would seem more balanced from the sky if it was made into an industrial section (maybe high-tech or manufactering?). Maybe you could also do some residential sprawl :D , really its up to you :yes: I would then make some farms to the North (or vineyards like Qorten suggested). The terrain to the South across the river seems more fit for a national/state park than that area.

Share this comment

I think some "New Urbanist" developments would suit that valley perfectly (especially in the easternmost area), along with Qorten's suggestion for vineyards.

Share this comment

Qorten: Thanks for the great idea, but I think vineyards wouldn't quite fit with this region, nor in that location. It is much too close to the center for there to be farms.

Epiclastorm: Indeed, It does seem as if that valley would drain into the river. I think a parkland there would be overkill, however, as most of the riverbanks are already parkland, and the southern bluff there will be kept parkland for the most part.

Schulmanator: Commercial development would be nice, but again, parkland in the valley i think would be overkill. Space on the valley floor is very limited, so high efficiency must be considered.

1000000000000: I think I will go for residential neighborhoods with some industrial mixed in. Indeed some of the smaller valleys to the north and south will have farms.

skyscraper241: Thank you!

Houston_Fan: Some type of New Urban Development would be interesting. Or maybe some kind of condo development.

Share this comment