• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Sensational Six #26

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NMUSpidey

Okay, we're going to be a bit wordy here, so bear with me while we tie up any loose ends or fill in any blanks that may have occurred/exist. So now, The Calm Before The Storm (yes, that second "The" should probably not be capitalized, deal with it as I have ;) ).

February disappeared shortly thereafter, and with it the monumental snow that was unceremoniously dropped on Port Matthew. Dan-O's relationship with Alexa faded away after the dance, as their schedules plotted against them and they failed to find any meaningful reasons to make it work out. They remained friendly with each other, however, and talked when they ran into each other between classes in the hallways. Kari and Taro continued to spend every possible second together, and their parents were thrilled by the development. Taro's family thought Kari was absolutely adorable, and had come to enjoy talking to her whenever she came to the house. Kari's family was similarly smitten with Taro who, in their eyes was a well-dressed, smart, responsible young man who always treated their daughter with respect. Both sets of parents eventually began trusting the young couple enough with closed bedroom doors and nights alone if the feeling struck them to go out for a night. They were getting closer and closer...

Marv and Nina had faced their nightmares at the party and walked away more or less victoriously. The ordeal had strengthened their relationship and stripped away any doubt and hesitancy that may have once been there. Nina's parents continued to be slightly annoying whenever Marv visited, but deep down they liked the boy and he slowly began to get in on the jokes. Marv's parents thought Nina was a doll, and assumed that since Marv was such a handsome, smart boy he should naturally be dating someone as adorable as Nina. Marv's mom LOVED that girl. They would talk for upwards of an hour whenever she came over, leaving Marv to read a book or play a video game while he waited (rather impatiently). He always rolled his eyes whenever Nina came back to him and it became a running joke between the two.

Erisa had a bit more trouble moving on after the events of that night. She withdrew slightly, dressing much more conservatively and even debated re-dying her hair to her natural black color. After about a week of that, however, she came to the realization that she couldn't let something like that rule her life. She was in control, and could deal with this just as well as she dealt with her lack of height in volleyball. She was soon back to her old self, a welcome relief to her friends. The six of them felt like they had been friends forever at that point, and spent a lot of time hanging out at Dan-O's house together.

Karishouse.jpg

Taro went over to Kari's house one mid March Friday evening and was slightly surprised to see it mostly dark. Kari's family was usually bustling around the house for their dinner, usually a big production on that day. He walked in the door and called out for Kari.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Kari? You here? Where is everybody?

Kari-2.jpgKari: *walks down stairs smiling* Oh, hi Taro.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Where's your family? Friday's usually the big dinner night, right?”

Kari-2.jpgKari: Yeah, but not tonight. *sarcastically* Apparently my dad had to go to Marquette for a conference this weekend, and my mom went with him so they could have a romantic weekend in the most romantic city on the island. Gross, I do not want to think about that...

Taro-2.jpgTaro: So, we're alone?

Kari-2.jpgKari: All alone.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: All night?

Kari gave him a big smile, what she felt was a particularly sexy smile, walked up to him and kissed him in the entryway.

Kari-2.jpgKari: All night. I love you, Taro.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: I love you too, Kari...

*fade to black as they ascend the stairs*

Marvsfamilyshop.jpg

NOTE: I was stupid and didn't take a picture of Marv's house exactly, so here's one of his shop. Just know that Marv lives in the neighborhood above that, and you can imagine what it's like there. All of suburbia looks similar anyways, right? ;)

That same evening, Nina had gone over to Marv's house. This Friday night was a one of the year's bigger Better Business Bureau meetings, so Marv's parents would be gone until well after midnight (usually the meeting was concluded with a trip to Ribbie's where everyone drank until they couldn't stand up and hand to call cabs and sober family members to pick them up. Marv couldn't wait for that call. Of course, it was one of the few times his parents ever drank, so it was okay by him).

Nina-2.jpgNina: *sits next to Marv on his bed, smiles shyly* So, Mr. Man, what are we gonna do tonight?

He smiled back at her and they kissed. She lifted herself up and sat down in his lap and both of them had a sudden flash of deja vu and laughed slightly between kisses. He was then surprised by her hands pulling his shirt up from his pants. He pulled away enough to give her a concerned look.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: You okay?

Nina-2.jpgNina: Be Mr. Man, don't be Mr. Girlie-Man. Besides, your parents are gonna be gone for HOURS, right?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *happily* Hours and hours...

She unbuttoned his shirt and then let him pull her sweater off over her head. They pressed back into the kiss and broke slightly to remove their t-shirts.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: One more thing!

Marv reached around and expertly unsnapped her bra with one hand which caused her to stop and give him a shocked look.

Nina-2.jpgNina: Where did you learn that?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *grins* Internet.

Nina-2.jpgNina: *sighs, rolls eyes*

Leaving the bare minimum on they embraced and kissed again before crawling into his bed to stare into each others' eyes adoringly.

Nina-2.jpgNina: How long have we been together?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *seriously after a quick mental count* Something like two months or so?

Nina-2.jpgNina: *laughs* Wow, two months. That's like an eternity in high school!

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Yeah, no kidding. I have a lot of fun with you.

Nina-2.jpgNina: Me too. You're like, the perfect guy for me. I'm really happy.

He smiled and their eyes locked on to each other for the space of a few seconds. The seconds added up into a minute, and the silence began to take on a weight that seemed to press physically on them.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Nina, I...

Nina-2.jpgNina: Marv?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: I've never felt like this before. It's like my heart just wants to burst out of my chest and sing from the mountaintops. It's so cheesy to say, but I can't help it.

Nina-2.jpgNina: I know what you mean. This is the first time I can ever remember where I've been like this...

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Nina, I love you.

She beamed at him, that beautiful smile warmed his heart and she kissed him.

Nina-2.jpgNina: I love you too, Marv. I love you so much.

emperordaniel and Roger51 like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Good to see Erisa take that point of view, how it should be in life!

Seems like love is definitely in the air (well except for Dan-O and his break up :P ) Lets hope these can last for a long time :)
NMUSpidey likes this

Share this comment

emperordaniel: Heh, they sure are!

skyscraper241: Thank you! Mt. Plains loves you too, just so you know :) .

111222333444: Thank you! Love is indeed in the air. Soon to be followed by stinky, stinky jealousy ;)

Roger51: She's got some more hurdles to get over, but her time is coming!
emperordaniel likes this

Share this comment