• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Redstone: First Visit

Utvaw

Well a number of things including a computer failure delayed the first real entry in this CJ for quite some time, but now that everything is up and running again we can take our first visit out into the world.

The first place we will visit is Redstone. A small town of roughly 8,000 people nestled in the foothills, Redstone offers small town charm and is a stopping point on the famed Route 43 scenic byway. The town takes it name from the red rock found in the hills and bluffs around the city.

Redstone is known for two things, the first being their classic town square right off Route 43 with the county courthouse, Redstone Cathedral and the town hall.

redstonetownsquare.jpg

redstonetownsquareback.jpg

And the second being a lovely Frank Lloyd Wright home situated right off the main town square. The Rosenbaum House completed in 1939 is now a museum in the city with tours offered hourly during the day.

redstoneflwhome.jpg

There are also many other historical homes in the city, many on Post Street in the downtown area.

redstonehistoricalstree.jpg

Another beautiful historical building is the Don S. Davis Seniors Home located on the corner of Industrial Drive and Post Street.

redstoneseniorcenter.jpg

Industrial Drive is also one of the primary business districts outside of Main/US 43 and the downtown square.

redstoneindustrialdrive.jpg

We will leave with an overview of the town, which is still expanding as more and more people seek out a slower pace of life and flock to towns like Redstone to raise their families. (A fancy way of saying it's still a work in progress. :P )

redstoneoverview.jpg

1 person likes this

6 Comments

This looks amazing. What a coincidence. Me and you use the same content and probably made the two similar towns at the same time, I made Greenville, and this really reminds me of it. I look forward to seeing more, and this looks awfully inspiring. :thumb: And I recall commenting on how exciting your intro was, but I thought it would never continue, nice update, love the history and would love to see what other towns you've been waiting to show.

Share this comment

[b]Zulu2065[/b]- Thanks, I looked into your town and it is very beautiful as well.

[b]MamaLuigi945[/b]- Nope, no Minecraft. I actually find naming towns to be the hardest part, so as I was terraforming and going over the terrain in this tile I saw the red color in the hills and decided to name it Redstone. Glad you like the town. I am still in the process of completing it so i will probably return here in a future update. Plus there is actually quite a bit here i didn't show.

Share this comment

It's very pretty, and realistic, and I'm looking forward to seeing it fill in. Get some flora in the surrounding area and it'll be perfect!

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-13871-week-10-101711-102311/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color="#0000FF"]BELIEVABLE[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]

Share this comment