• Moose

Schulmania

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

SchulmAnniversary 5: The Wirdleplex (Part 1)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schulmanator

schulmanniversary5header.jpg

The Wirdleplex: Preview

The sharp-eyed among us must have seen it for some time now. But, one would have to be both sharp-eyed and observant to actually pick up on the secret hidden in plain sight. In Schulmania’s high stakes survival game with Queensferry, most military statistics heavily favor the enemy. So, we need something to help level the field. Home field advantage, after all, only goes so far. If we were to build some sort of major military installation, the enemy would spot it with their surveillance craft and destroy it with bombardment or direct attack. So, Schulmania must plan on something much more subtle; something capable of avoiding detection. And, so far, it has. No one has detected the great effort by the Schulmania National Military and the Bureau of Feline Affairs Military Command to turn the tide of war to their favor. You haven’t, either. But, I will give you one last chance to find the secret project area on the current Schulmania region map.

regionwithpieceout.jpg

Notice anything unusual? You can see the home island of Schulmanicus at top center, the big islands of Gran Maru, Atkinos and New Atkinos at lower latitudes, the great rivers of Tenne at the west, but nothing seems unusual yet, does it? That’s the key… the special project is so well hidden it does not show up on any map. So, let’s look at this map again. This time, not for what you see… look for what you can’t see.

[insert pause here]

Figured it out yet? Look closely and see if you don’t see something. Enough baffling riddles? I will explain. Did you notice that the lower right hand corner of the map is missing? It is not unusual, is it? It has been missing ever since the first map of Schulmania. Nothing’s there, right? Riiiiiiight…

It is precisely in this area that the military has developed a special military district. The district encompasses the Maxis Air Force Base territory at the great bend of the Wirdleonia River (at lower right of the map above) and the hidden area never before seen. Starting with Maxis AFB, Schulmania has been quietly diverting resources and personnel to the far southeast. A top secret development has been underway for some time now. From this secret base, Schulmania plans to upend the invasion force and free the east from the Queensferry menace.

I know what you’re thinking… “It’s about time!!!” And you’re right. I am eager to see what is in store for us in this secret area. Are you ready to explore the top secret compound? Let’s head out from Maxis AFB and see what awaits us…

wirdleplex1.jpg

We seem to be stopped at the edge of the tile by a fortified gate. Shall we go around?

wirdleplex2.jpg

The wall seems a bit long… and imposing… Let’s keep pushing the perimeter looking for a weakness…

wirdleplex3.jpg

Let’s go ahead and knock… maybe we can gain entrance…

wirdleplex4.jpg

LT Philip de Purrton has told us to go around to Post 7 and await further instructions…

wirdleplex5.jpg

As we await credential verification, note that the fortifications extend all the way to the sea. This is a massive engineering effort.

Woo hoo! We have received word that our credentials have been accepted! We are now allowed to enter the restricted area through Post 7. Paperwork has been filled out in triplicate and we have received our visitor badges… you know the ones, the ubiquitous “Hello, my name is” stickers… As we approach the entrance to the massive fortifications, we notice a plaque attached to the right side of the gate entry point…

TriesteWallMemorialLion.jpg

Underneath, in matching bronze lettering, is the caption “BUREAU OF FELINE AFFAIRS – WIRDLEPLEX

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png <------Click here to see the revolving globe showing Schulmania's visitors!

.jpg

emperordaniel and simmytu like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

11 Comments

[b][font="Verdana"][size="7"][color="#0000FF"]Schulm[/color][color="#000080"]Anniversary[/color] [u][color="#FF0000"]BONUS [/color][/u]Picture + Contest![/size][/font][/b]
[font="Verdana"][size="5"]
Excited about The Wirdleplex? This could be just the thing to energize the Schulmania military and turn the tables on Queensferry. Need something else to be excited about while you wait for the massive conclusion to this? Here’s a pic… taken just a short walk from where the bronze entry plaque shown above was photographed...[/size][/font]

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/WirdleplexGuardian.jpg[/img]
[i]Shown above is Lt. Colonel Hester Tubaflame, on duty and ready for action[/i]

[font="Verdana"][size="5"]Now, for the contest…[/size][/font]

Just to add a little fun to SchulmAnniversary, see if you can guess which European city both photos were taken in. Here’s a hint: It is one of the stops of the 2011 State Visit to Terra Canis and not an unheard-of city. Whoever guesses it correctly first gets a little congratulatory prize!

Enjoy! And stand by for the exciting conclusion of SchulmAnniversary 5!
emperordaniel likes this

Share this comment

No winners in my photo contest... so I shall reveal the answer:

[img]http://goeurope.about.com/library/graphics/italy_rail_map.gif[/img]

[b][size="6"]TRIESTE, ITALY!!![/size][/b]

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/Europe%202011/TriesteCityView.jpg[/img]
Here's a view of the city as I passed by where the Tower 11 picture was taken

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/Europe%202011/Trieste-Hilltopcastleandruins.jpg[/img]
Here's the top of the hill, where Roman ruins and the Castle of San Giusto presides... and the bronze wall plaque was found

And now, to fire you up for part 2 of the SchulmAnniversary, which will come after replies are made...

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/cat-gun2.jpg[/img]

It's gonna be BIG!

[b]OK folks, be sure to keep this pass with you at all times, you are about to enter the TOP SECRET Bureau of Feline Affairs Military District… The Wirdleplex…[/b]

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/passintowirdleplex.jpg[/img]

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b] [/b]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b][color=blue]NMUSpidey[/color][/b] Let’s keep it a secret and then they will find out the hard way!

[b][color=blue]MamaLuigi945[/color][/b] Thanks! We aim to please! :D

[b][color=blue]Emperordaniel[/color][/b] Thanks for being on duty at the gate for us!

[b][color=blue]Ee99 [/color][/b] Exactly… Queensferry will be totally off guard with this.

[b][color=blue]Escilnavia [/color][/b] [i]Obrigado[/i]! I am glad you like it!

[b][color=blue]Usfighter15[/color][/b] You betcha!

[b][color=blue]Halenbyname[/color][/b] LOL. Thanks :D

[b][color=blue]GreekMan[/color][/b] Thanks! And glad to have you back here.

[right][right] [/right][/right]
[right][right][Volume 3 Update #190][/right][/right]

Share this comment